Introducing Ol' Hickory

Rick Kennedy
Rick Kennedy
@rick-kennedy
10 years ago
17 posts

Very nice, Phil. As a native hoosier myself, I sure appreciate that hickory.

Susie
Susie
@susie
10 years ago
500 posts

BEAUTIFUL for sure! congratulations.

Ruth Lawrence
Ruth Lawrence
@ruth-lawrence
10 years ago
41 posts
Beautiful. Phoenix - spot on - and fret board wood is gorgeous
Jan Potts
Jan Potts
@jan-potts
10 years ago
399 posts

Wow, Phil--this is a beauty! Great choice of woods, great workmanship, great artistry--and choosing the Phoenix bird rising from the fire, that is genius! You've both brought something very special into creation.Smile.gif

--
Jan Potts, Lexington, KY
Site Moderator

"Use what talents you possess; the woods would be very silent if no birds sang there except those that sang best." Henry Van Dyke
John Henry
John Henry
@john-henry
10 years ago
258 posts

Phil, as a favour I'll take it off your hands for $10 hard cash !!!, lol its a beauty.

John

Ken Longfield
Ken Longfield
@ken-longfield
10 years ago
1,073 posts

Absolutely exquisite! That is a real treasure. Enjoy the dulcimer.
Ken
"The dulcimer sings a sweet song."

Mandy
Mandy
@mandy
10 years ago
140 posts

That is beautiful Phil !Grin.gif

Patty from Virginia
Patty from Virginia
@patty-from-virginia
10 years ago
231 posts

Phil, that's very pretty. Jack did a great job!

Rob N Lackey
Rob N Lackey
@rob-n-lackey
10 years ago
422 posts

That is a beauty, Phil.

Sam
Sam
@sam
10 years ago
169 posts

One of the prettiest I've ever seen.

--
The Dulcimer. If you want to preserve it, jam it!
phil
@phil
10 years ago
129 posts

I just received my New Dulcimer this morning From Jack Ferguson. Jack has out did himself with this one. I started this build almost two years ago but we all know the string of bad luck I had. I was never able get much done on it. so it sit as a pail of wood. Bobby was going to take a shot at finishing it for me. The bad luck followed with it and bad health kept him from doing the build. Then Jack stepped up and was able to bring my dream to life. Along the way things changed and the ideal grew. one reason for the sound holes of the Phoenix is a sign of rebirth. My life and the life of the Dulcimer Have both been given that 2nd chance.

The reason for the name Ol' Hickory, is that it is mad from 99 percent Indiana Hickory The finger broad is Purple hart, witch just sits it off. The on-board electronics provide under-bridge pickup with 4-band Equalizer, and a convenient LCD Tuner.

10313311_795439613824319_7957196491532473264_n.jpg 560_forums.jpg 561_forums.jpg 562_forums.jpg

updated by @phil: 08/01/23 02:53:32AM