USPS is NOT my friend

Kristi Keller
Kristi Keller
@kristi-keller
10 years ago
84 posts

I sure am going and would love to meet you two!

Will drive from Arizona the day before and return day Monday or Tuesday.

Geekling said:

That's terrific, Kristi! Does this mean that you're planning to attend the Harvest Festival of Dulcimers, where Janita Baker will be teaching and which, probably not coincidentally, is being held in Culver City? If so, Keith and I will be there, and it would be great to meet you!Grin.gif

Ken Longfield
Ken Longfield
@ken-longfield
10 years ago
1,073 posts

Great news Kristi. Enjoy your new dulcimer.

Ken

"The dulcimer sings a sweet song."

Robin Thompson
Robin Thompson
@robin-thompson
10 years ago
1,415 posts
Yay!PS- I enjoy my Blue Lion Jean Ritchie model.
Kristi Keller
Kristi Keller
@kristi-keller
10 years ago
84 posts

Happy Conclusion!!!!

The IIR arrived today or rather I picked it up at Post Office. Workers there are great folk and crowded around hoping to see an intact instrument. And it was well packaged with only slight damage to corners of box.

Nice sounding as expected and Janita will put a 1.5 fret on it as well as deliver it to me in Culver City,CA where she is doing a teaching session and gig. So thanks to the seller and same to the makers. I am happy camper.

Patty from Virginia
Patty from Virginia
@patty-from-virginia
10 years ago
231 posts

When I send something I usually ask and pay for tracking number so I can be sure it gets to its destination. I've ordered things from ebay and I haven't had a problem yet. The seller always gives me a tracking number. It comes in handy where I live since our local post office has a reputation for not being reliable. In fact, we made the news a couple of weeks ago. The Washington D.C. area was reported as having mailed delivered after 6 p.m. We were one of those areas. Fortunately that has changed and we now get mail in the afternoon. I could tell you some stories but I don't want to worry you. Give it a couple of days and then go to your local post office and ask them if there is a way they can search it.

Kristi Keller
Kristi Keller
@kristi-keller
10 years ago
84 posts

I was kidding about the soft-soap which we use daily. Guess the old warped sense of humor syndrome.....

Geekling said:

No, it's liquid soap. I ordered it from two different sellers, though I think they were both handled by Amazon. The first order arrived at a local facility, but was never delivered. The second was marked as delivered, but it wasn't. I've had that happen with a number of other orders from Amazon. Each time my money was refunded, but it's been frustrating. Like I said, that doesn't compare to a dulcimer--especially a fine dulcimer like a Blue Lion!Frown.gif

Kristi Keller
Kristi Keller
@kristi-keller
10 years ago
84 posts
Tracking Number:

in-transit

• Expected Delivery Day: Monday, August 11, 2014

Product & Tracking Information

Postal Product:

• Package Services

Features:

• Insured
DATE & TIME
STATUS OF ITEM
August 12, 2014 , 11:53 pm

Departed USPS Facility

DENVER,CO80217

Your item departed our USPS facility in DENVER, CO 80217 on August 12, 2014 at 11:53 pm. The item is currently in transit to the destination. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later. (So nice that USPS uses invisible ink for their updates)

WOW, after eight days of wondering if IIR will arrive - I still know nothing other than it will be delivered Monday, August 11, 2014. Such excitement in my fingertips to touch fret board, etc. Of course I had to loose one doctor's appointment which adds to the cost and must still remain at home in hopes the dulcimer might arrive safely. I HATE USPS.

Thanks for letting me vent. The wonderful part of this is having time to start working on our Christmas program.

Kristi Keller
Kristi Keller
@kristi-keller
10 years ago
84 posts

Is Softsoap the stuff used th help fingers slide easily across the strings?

Geekling said:

Oy, Kristi! I've had this problems with some Amazon.com orders, but Softsoap isn't quite the same a dulcimer!Frown.gif

Ken Longfield
Ken Longfield
@ken-longfield
10 years ago
1,073 posts

Kristi, I feel for you. It is frustrating and disappointing. I hope you Blue Lion turns up soon at your home. The IIR is a wonderful instrument. I have one.

Ken

"The dulcimer sings a sweet song."

Ivan Bradley
Ivan Bradley
@ivan-bradley
10 years ago
31 posts

Here in Lansing, MI, I usually can track a USPS shipment to the time it was accepted for transit and, if it happens to come from east or south of us, once in the Allen Park, MI sorting center and once more when it's out for delivery. But that, of course, depends on the sender adding tracking to the postage. I've had Parcel Post shipments, even with a tracking number, take long vacations to all sorts of places. The upside of this is I've never actually not had a dulcimer delivered and never received one in damaged condition from USPS. So, frustrating as it is, hold out hopes, Kristi, and I'm winging what positive energy I can your way as well.

Robin Thompson
Robin Thompson
@robin-thompson
10 years ago
1,415 posts
I'm sorry about this, Kristi, and have my fingers crossed for a happy ending to your story!
john p
john p
@john-p
10 years ago
173 posts

Let's hope it hasn't left the country Smile.gif

Colleen Hailey
Colleen Hailey
@colleen-hailey
10 years ago
67 posts

Oh, that's awful. The thrill of expectation dampened by "Where the Devil is it? What do you mean you don't know when it will be delivered!!!". Hoping that your new baby arrives safe and sound. My two "by mail" dulcimers were sent UPS and were easily tracked online.

Kristi Keller
Kristi Keller
@kristi-keller
10 years ago
84 posts

I am sitting at home since I was supposed to get a Blue Lion IIR today. But nobody knows where it is. That fact makes me very unhappy.

The seller sent the dulcimer with regular rate as regular mail. My fault for expecting better. Gee, one can register a letter with better chance of delivery as promised.

No signature required. Can you guess what 103 degree heat might do to an item left out in the sun? Or left at wrong address?

The Blue Lion was scanned when it left on 4 August and there is NO record of it since then. It doesn't matter how often I have hopefully tried to track VH , USPS employees have not followed rules about scanning. Gosh, I appreciate that. (Sarcasm)

Might I recommend Pony Express as an alternative shipping organization?

updated by @kristi-keller: 08/02/23 12:41:18AM