Folk Music Resources

Ken Longfield
Ken Longfield
@ken-longfield
9 years ago
1,073 posts

You are correct Kristi. I have quite a few places bookmarked for researching tunes, people, instruments, etc. It is worthwhile having a place where all of these are available saving people time in searching for them.

Ken

"The dulcimer sings a sweet song."

Kristi Keller
Kristi Keller
@kristi-keller
9 years ago
84 posts

There are vast amounts of info on folk music available to us. Jor Hickerson collected for many years and that info is available through the Smithsonian. Folkways records pioneered many artists who became known world wide.

Guess the question is what is being sought? History, tab, oral, instrumental - such riches are easily found.

Dusty Turtle
Dusty Turtle
@dusty
9 years ago
1,720 posts

Good idea for a forum, Ken. Thanks!

In another discussion Robert Schuler pointed me to the Snips and Clips website of penny whistle tunes. Lots of those tunes work on the dulcimer, of course, too.

--
Dusty T., Northern California
Site Moderator

As a musician, you have to keep one foot back in the past and one foot forward into the future.
-- Dizzy Gillespie
Ken Longfield
Ken Longfield
@ken-longfield
9 years ago
1,073 posts

This is a place to post general folk music resources for folks interested in more than just the mountain dulcimer. The first one I share came from a post over at Banjo Hangout. It is a site called Folk Music Worldwide: http://folkmusicworldwide.com . This is posting of radio interviews with people primarily from the great folk scare of the 1950s and 60s. There is some interesting conversation here. Have fun listening.

Ken

"The dulcimer sings a sweet song."

updated by @ken-longfield: 06/11/15 07:42:37AM