Hello and a little info

Robin Thompson
Robin Thompson
@robin-thompson
9 years ago
1,422 posts

Dana, I imagine the vacation you, Jan, and Gail have had has been good for each of you girls!  Hugs from me! 

Dusty Turtle
Dusty Turtle
@dusty
9 years ago
1,726 posts

Condolences, Dana.

--
Dusty T., Northern California
Site Moderator

As a musician, you have to keep one foot back in the past and one foot forward into the future.
-- Dizzy Gillespie
David Pedersen
David Pedersen
@david-pedersen
9 years ago
32 posts

Dana, I also (key word) am a survivor of stage 4 NHL Agressive B Cell cancer. In remission for 7 years by GODS Grace. My wife and I are praying for you healing and fears put to rest. Lord touch Dana. Give her peace and Faith.    

Dana R. McCall
Dana R. McCall
@dana-r-mccall
9 years ago
168 posts

I haven't responded to a lot of the wonderful heartfelt comments I have gotten through this thread. I would love to thank each and everyone. Thank you so much. I am getting ready to start a new journey now. Some of you might not know but my dad affectionately known as the bell ringer passed away on the 17th of October. He has been a very BIG part of my life for the last five years. It's not going to be easy adjusting to not hearing the bell ring all the time. But I can get back to a normal life or as normal as it gets for me. I can travel now and go to festivals which I am looking forward too. Well that's it for this thread. Thanks again everyone for all the well wishes.

Dana R. McCall
Dana R. McCall
@dana-r-mccall
9 years ago
168 posts

Thanks everyone!

John Keane
John Keane
@john-keane
9 years ago
182 posts

Dana, you did a fantastic job with the festival!  You and your family are absolutely wonderful (you taught 'em right)! 

Lexie R Oakley
Lexie R Oakley
@lexie-r-oakley
9 years ago
229 posts

Really happy you enjoyed the Ledford Festival Dana. Would love to be there one day!nerd2 party2

Robin Thompson
Robin Thompson
@robin-thompson
9 years ago
1,422 posts

You've had another successful fest in Winchester, Dana!  Way to go! 

Dana R. McCall
Dana R. McCall
@dana-r-mccall
9 years ago
168 posts

The homer ledford festival was a great success once again! I hope to see many of you in the future. 

Dana R. McCall
Dana R. McCall
@dana-r-mccall
9 years ago
168 posts

Helen Seiler:
You are a legend young Dana...well done! ... and I'm so sorry you had to go through all that. I hope u get the big hug i sent your way this week via another member. Helen x

I got it helen and thank u! I need your mailing address again I have a package for u I have had for some time. Please send it to me and I'll get it in the mail. 

Lexie R Oakley
Lexie R Oakley
@lexie-r-oakley
9 years ago
229 posts

Sending you big  Hugs Dana, Happy you are involved with life and music fun again. Your family continues to be in my prayers.fiddle  Sending you Love....inlove

Ken Longfield
Ken Longfield
@ken-longfield
9 years ago
1,082 posts

Wonderful!

Ken
"The dulcimer sings a sweet song."

Patty from Virginia
Patty from Virginia
@patty-from-virginia
9 years ago
231 posts

Dana, Great News!!! 

Dusty Turtle
Dusty Turtle
@dusty
9 years ago
1,726 posts

Great news, Dana!  Woohoo!  It's time for a happy dance! mrdance

--
Site Moderator

As a musician, you have to keep one foot back in the past and one foot forward into the future.
-- Dizzy Gillespie
Gail Webber
Gail Webber
@gail-webber
9 years ago
70 posts

That is great news, Dana!  I am so happy for you.  I hope you have a great festival this weekend.  I would like to come, but am just not up to the trip after making the drive for KMW.  I know it will be great.

Robin Thompson
Robin Thompson
@robin-thompson
9 years ago
1,422 posts

Dance a jig at the Ledford fest, Dana!  

John Keane
John Keane
@john-keane
9 years ago
182 posts

Awesome news!

Strumelia
Strumelia
@strumelia
9 years ago
2,252 posts

Big hugs to you Dana!   Great news!!

--
Site Owner

Those irritated by grain of sand best avoid beach.
-Strumelia proverb c.1990
Rob N Lackey
Rob N Lackey
@rob-n-lackey
9 years ago
420 posts

That is so good to hear Dana.  Wish I could be there this weekend, but I can't make it.  Hope to see you sometime, and I'm glad you got such a great report!

Dana R. McCall
Dana R. McCall
@dana-r-mccall
9 years ago
168 posts

People I'm back with a BANG!  I haven't been on in a while because I've been very busy getting the Ledford festival going. 

Anyway just wanted to let everyone that doesn't know already that I had surgery finally on July 10 th. Not robotic old fashion full surgery. Came through it fine. Had a PET scan 3weeks ago. Went to dr. Monday she smiled and said I am cancer FREE! No after treatments of any kind. Follow up PeT scan in 6 months. I'm a happy camper!

Patty from Virginia
Patty from Virginia
@patty-from-virginia
9 years ago
231 posts

Dana, That is great news!

Dusty Turtle
Dusty Turtle
@dusty
9 years ago
1,726 posts
Excellent news, Dana!

--
Site Moderator

-- Dizzy Gillespie
Strumelia
Strumelia
@strumelia
9 years ago
2,252 posts

That's awesome news, Dana.

--
Site Owner

Robin Thompson
Robin Thompson
@robin-thompson
9 years ago
1,422 posts
High fives from us, Dana!
Lexie R Oakley
Lexie R Oakley
@lexie-r-oakley
9 years ago
229 posts

Wonderful news Dana, I am very happy you now have this option.

Take care of yourself, you are in my prayers.

Ben Barr Jr
Ben Barr Jr
@benjamin-w-barr-jr
9 years ago
64 posts

Glad to hear it Dana. May it continue to go well...and continued prayers.Smile.gif

Dana R. McCall said:

I got GREAT news yesterday! I had the first of three radioactive implants this week and the doctor told me my tumor has shrunk a lot, it really has surprised them also. It has shrunk enough that I can have surgery. Surgery was not an option before and was thought I might not be able to have it at all so this was wonderful news. I can banish this alien from my body. I'm one happy camper.
Dana R. McCall
Dana R. McCall
@dana-r-mccall
9 years ago
168 posts
I got GREAT news yesterday! I had the first of three radioactive implants this week and the doctor told me my tumor has shrunk a lot, it really has surprised them also. It has shrunk enough that I can have surgery. Surgery was not an option before and was thought I might not be able to have it at all so this was wonderful news. I can banish this alien from my body. I'm one happy camper.
Robin Thompson
Robin Thompson
@robin-thompson
9 years ago
1,422 posts
Dana, I hope all continues to go well with treatment. You remain in my thoughts!
John Keane
John Keane
@john-keane
9 years ago
182 posts

We love you back! Smile.gif

Dana R. McCall
Dana R. McCall
@dana-r-mccall
9 years ago
168 posts
Thank you everyone for the wonderful support. Love you all Dana
Dusty Turtle
Dusty Turtle
@dusty
9 years ago
1,726 posts

Dana, I only now just noticed this thread, so I have just learned of your situation. I am so sorry to hear of what you've been going through. But I can tell you are facing things head on. And how wonderful is it that dulcimer music can be part of your treatment! You are spreading the joy of dulcimer music even while fighting cancer! I'll keep you in my thoughts, Dana.

--
Site Moderator

-- Dizzy Gillespie
Ellen Rice
Ellen Rice
@ellen-rice
9 years ago
49 posts

Hi Dana,

Having been down some medical rabbit holes, I do believe that humor helps. Joke books, knock knock jokes, funny movies -- anything for a giggle. Great time to catch up on all the funny cat videos on Youtube. Sometimes the brain can't focus on a book but will rally for Groucho Marx or the Three Stooges. I do wish you every success in the days ahead.

Strumelia
Strumelia
@strumelia
9 years ago
2,252 posts

How wonderful that you played for the folks in the waiting room Dana. Music is such good medicine, a real tonic.

Your new report sounds very encouraging- you must be a real strong woman...that cancer didn't know who it was messing with. BIIIG hug to you and warmest wishes for a strong recovery.

--
Site Owner

Ben Barr Jr
Ben Barr Jr
@benjamin-w-barr-jr
9 years ago
64 posts

Dana, A lot of hard stuff going on. Prayers and thoughts with you through this difficult period in time. Sorry for the loss of your sister--way too young. May she rest in peace.

Lexie R Oakley
Lexie R Oakley
@lexie-r-oakley
9 years ago
229 posts

That is so great that you played for the folks in the waiting room. I hope the guy picks it up and comes to you for more tunes on it and those who just look at them, well hope you encourage them to get to strumming.

It is a nice way to relax people, I have played mine during my monthly treatment of chemo for RA, it has given those who are feeling bad a smile.

Good Wishes for the possible lessons and your treatments.....will be thinking of you.Smile.gif

Dana R. McCall said:

Lexie the only one that plays is the guy that puts you under for surgery. He has built five and says he plays chord style. The others just have them I told them I'd give lessons. And I have played for the radiation waiting room. Loaned a dulcimer to a fellow patient that wants to learn. He is picking out some hymns by ear.
Gail Webber
Gail Webber
@gail-webber
9 years ago
70 posts

Dana, so glad to hear the good news and that you are feeling good! I hope you continue to improve and get to the point where the surgery can be done soon. Thinking of you.

Patty from Virginia
Patty from Virginia
@patty-from-virginia
9 years ago
231 posts

Good news Dana. You're in my prayers.Smile.gif

Dana R. McCall
Dana R. McCall
@dana-r-mccall
9 years ago
168 posts
Lexie the only one that plays is the guy that puts you under for surgery. He has built five and says he plays chord style. The others just have them I told them I'd give lessons. And I have played for the radiation waiting room. Loaned a dulcimer to a fellow patient that wants to learn. He is picking out some hymns by ear.
Lexie R Oakley
Lexie R Oakley
@lexie-r-oakley
9 years ago
229 posts

Wonderful news Dana and so happy you are feeling good. Did you play your Doctor's and Staff a song on your Dulcimer?

It is terrific maybe you will be able to meet with them and play together.Smile.gif

You and your family are in my prayers.

Dana R. McCall
Dana R. McCall
@dana-r-mccall
9 years ago
168 posts
Hello everyone, haven't been on in a while so thought I give a little update for any friends that might want to know. The doctors revised my cancer treatment. Since it was endometrial cancer and stage 3 (only because it was found in 2 lympnodes) they have decided to do 4 1/2 weeks of radiation, which I am in the middle of now, along with a chemo treatment ever Monday to boost the radiation. This is shrinking the baseball sized tumor down to a manageable size to remove it doing the di Vinci robotic surgery which is so much less invasive with faster recovery time. My body tells me the shrinking is working and I have had no I'll side effects from the chemo. Two more chemos to go. I feel better than I have felt in years so must be working. I told the doctor this morning when he asked how I was. That I feel to good to be sick and I feel so bad saying it around so many so bad off. But he said that's what we like to hear. I have a bunch of GREAT doctors. Markey cancer at UK are the tops. I couldn't ask for better. So thank you everyone for all the thoughs, prayers, and well wishes. Ps could believe how many of my doctors and other medical staff that own dulcimers!
folkfan
@folkfan
9 years ago
357 posts

My thoughts and prayers are with you, Dana, and your family at this time of sorrow and troubles. As we go into Spring, I hope this special time of year, one of renewal and rebirth, will bring with it a special gift of renewal and rebirth into health for you.

Dana R. McCall
Dana R. McCall
@dana-r-mccall
9 years ago
168 posts
Thank you everyone for the well wishes. I will beat this! Thank you
Lexie R Oakley
Lexie R Oakley
@lexie-r-oakley
9 years ago
229 posts

Take care of yourself and your family, sounds like you have had a time.

You and your family are in my prayers.Smile.gif

Ben Barr Jr
Ben Barr Jr
@benjamin-w-barr-jr
9 years ago
64 posts

Hey Dana, sorry about all that has happened to you and your family. Prayers and thoughts are with you that all will go well.

Ben Smile.gif

Susie
Susie
@susie
9 years ago
500 posts

Dana, sending you good vibes.

Kevin Messenger
Kevin Messenger
@kevin-messenger
9 years ago
86 posts

You will be in our thoughts and prayers Dana. God bless.. Kevin.

PDGotro
PDGotro
@paula-gautreau
9 years ago
1 posts
Wishing you the best. Waiting patiently for you to post more videos!
Rob N Lackey
Rob N Lackey
@rob-n-lackey
9 years ago
420 posts

Oh my, Dana. So sorry to hear all that! Hope everything goes well.... you know you're in my prayers as well.

Strumelia
Strumelia
@strumelia
9 years ago
2,252 posts

That's way too much to have to bear- may you forge ahead with gentle strength.

Sending you my haertfelt wishes for a strong recovery and hugs hugs to you, Dana.

--
Site Owner

Robin Thompson
Robin Thompson
@robin-thompson
9 years ago
1,422 posts
Dana, Mark and I both will keep you in our thoughts and send our love to you and Jim. I hope you will get some much-needed rest!Hugs,Robin
Gail Webber
Gail Webber
@gail-webber
9 years ago
70 posts

Dana, I am so sorry for everything you are going through. Just know that we are all keeping you in our thoughts and prayers and wishing you the very best.

Patty from Virginia
Patty from Virginia
@patty-from-virginia
9 years ago
231 posts

I'm praying for you Dana.

Dana R. McCall
Dana R. McCall
@dana-r-mccall
9 years ago
168 posts
Hello to all my friends on FOTMD I have informed most of my friends on FB but I would like to tell my friends here also about what I'm going though right now. I lost my sister unexpectedly on the 10 th of this month she was only 52. Then on Monday I was diagnosed with endometrial cancer. Seems I have had it for a while but the good news is my cat scan showed it has only spread to one lympnode. I am putting my daddy in the nursing home on Monday temp. So I can get some rest before my surgery. At first they said chemo and radiation but after cat scan may not have to have it. Won't know for sure till consult with oncologist on the 6th and surgery. I have a wonderful support system in my dulcimer family. I'll still be checking in from time to time an keeping up I love watching everyone's videos and hope to post some more of my own soon. :)
updated by @dana-r-mccall: 08/03/23 07:47:34AM