Hardshell Case Shoulder Straps - Back Axe

Susie
Susie
@susie
9 years ago
500 posts

I got an email yesterday from the Back Axe Company, regarding these small Back Axe straps:

-----------------------------------

Hello folks!

This note is intended for those who have inquired about our small-instrument-sized BackAxe. Our apologies for the long wait.

Weve been backordered and were not sure when we will restock. While we like to have the option to offer folks, the guitar model is the vast majority of our small business.

Howeverthere are just a few differences between our guitar and small models. Its mostly strap lengths. While were not set up to do it on mass, we can make the few modifications to one of our in-stock guitar models to make it adjustable to a smaller case. Wed be glad to do it for those of you whove inquired, waited patiently and are still interested.

You can order a guitar model online from us and well tweak it for you. Just put a comment in the order or e-mail us after us after the order and let us know youd like it "small-ized."

Regards,
Mark

Susie
Susie
@susie
9 years ago
500 posts

Yes, I had contacted the company directly and they finally replied (after quite a long period). They said they weren't making them and they didn't know their plans. They were really vague and non-committal. I contacted my local music store (who had the large ones in stock) and they said they couldn't get the small ones. I got really frustrated. I concluded I'd have to find one on eBay (or try making one myself). Then, one came available and I snatched it up. Yes, maybe a bunch of us need to contact the company and maybe they'll start doing them again. I don't know what the answer is. But, they do work well.

Linda W. Collins
Linda W. Collins
@linda-w-collins
9 years ago
25 posts

Fabulous! The weight of my Simerman in a hard shell case is too much for one hand/arm. This would really help. Some other shops are bound to have old stock... or

Here's the link to the company. (Is this how you tried to reach them, Susie?) The small size is out of stock, but if we all clamor for them, perhaps they'll make more! www.backaxe.com We can try!

Linda

www.cabinhillmusic.com

Patty from Virginia
Patty from Virginia
@patty-from-virginia
9 years ago
231 posts

I like that! I need to get one tooSmile.gif

Susie
Susie
@susie
9 years ago
500 posts

Thanks Dusty. Yes, it really makes it handy to carry a hardshell case.

Dusty Turtle
Dusty Turtle
@dusty
9 years ago
1,727 posts

That's pretty cool, Susie. I want one of those!

--
Dusty T., Northern California
Site Moderator

As a musician, you have to keep one foot back in the past and one foot forward into the future.
-- Dizzy Gillespie
Susie
Susie
@susie
9 years ago
500 posts

I have been looking for quite some time for a "Back Axe" for my dulcimer hardshell case, so I can carry it like a backpack. "Back Axe" makes two sizes of them, and I knew the small one would work well. However, they aren't making them anymore (for whatever reason). No luck in contacting the company, etc. So, I kept my eyes open. Low and behold, a music store on eBay listed a small Back Axe for sale (new condition - old stock). So I got it at a great price. I did all the adjustments to the straps and it works great! Once it is adjusted, it goes on and off with just a couple quick release buckles in the front. I love it. It makes carrying my hardshell case hands free. Great for festivals, hikes, or whatever. Here's a pic. 651_forums.jpg?width=750

updated by @susie: 06/11/15 07:43:08AM