Strumelia
Strumelia
@strumelia
9 years ago
2,248 posts

As Dusty mentioned, lot of us are posting our memories of and inspirations from Jean in the: Fans Of Jean Ritchie Group here on FOTMD. I'd love to keep our discussions about Jean's passing together in that section of the site, only so that folks can find all our heartfelt posts about Jean more easily in the future. thanks!

--
Site Owner

Those irritated by grain of sand best avoid beach.
-Strumelia proverb c.1990
joe sanguinette
joe sanguinette
@joe-sanguinette
9 years ago
73 posts

i met Jean and her husband George at Larkin Bryant's first festival in memphis. they had a booth across from

me and during the slow periods i became well aquainted with George. Jean appeared several times at the booth and

i can tell you the room lit up when she did. i'm so grateful i had a chance to meet her and to see her perform on

stage with pictures taken by her husband in the background.

Jean will live on in our hearts and minds

Dusty Turtle
Dusty Turtle
@dusty
9 years ago
1,720 posts

A national treasure indeed, marg. In many ways, anyone who plays the dulcimer today is one of Jean Ritchie's heirs.

Strumelia started a discussion in the Jean Ritchie Fan Club group devoted to remembering Jean.

--
Dusty T., Northern California
Site Moderator

As a musician, you have to keep one foot back in the past and one foot forward into the future.
-- Dizzy Gillespie
marg
@marg
9 years ago
615 posts

Jean Ritchie,December 8, 1922 June 1, 2015

Very sad news and to some degree we are all connected through our dulcimers. She was and will always be anational treasure.

updated by @marg: 06/11/15 07:43:35AM