What if they can help DAD...

folkfan
@folkfan
14 years ago
357 posts
Having spent many an uncomfortable hour after surgery in a hospital bed, I've learned to take my favorite music with me in the form of cassette tapes and an inexpensive player. Nurses, coming in to check on me, have often asked when they see my feet bouncing under the covers, "What are you doing?" "An Irish jig" is my usual reply. Several times I've heard nurses comment to my doctors that I was up and walking the halls before they thought I would be, but I'd kept my legs moving to the music and hadn't lost strength in them. Music is a marvelous healing device. Linda Jo brockinton said:
There are tons of studies out now on music and healing and health. They have found that certain music can lower the blood pressure, lower the heart rate, change your mood, heal faster, recover faster, make babies and adults rest better, block pain and many other new applications. If your put in music therpy or music healing you will see hundreds of sites . Very interesting to me. I think God gave us this tool and we have no idea how powerful it is. Lots of hospitals are hiring stringed instrument players to assistat the bedside, recovery and even in surgery. They have surmised that the vibrations of the strings also play a part. Have a great day. LB

Stephanie Stuckwisch said:
"Where harmony enhances health"!? Does that mean we're all going to live long lives? Or does it mean that those of us declared without talent will have surgeon general health warnings placed on our dulcimers?
Linda Jo brockinton
Linda Jo brockinton
@linda-jo-brockinton
14 years ago
22 posts
There are tons of studies out now on music and healing and health. They have found that certain music can lower the blood pressure, lower the heart rate, change your mood, heal faster, recover faster, make babies and adults rest better, block pain and many other new applications. If your put in music therpy or music healing you will see hundreds of sites . Very interesting to me. I think God gave us this tool and we have no idea how powerful it is. Lots of hospitals are hiring stringed instrument players to assistat the bedside, recovery and even in surgery. They have surmised that the vibrations of the strings also play a part. Have a great day. LB Stephanie Stuckwisch said:
"Where harmony enhances health"!? Does that mean we're all going to live long lives? Or does it mean that those of us declared without talent will have surgeon general health warnings placed on our dulcimers?
Stephanie Stuckwisch
Stephanie Stuckwisch
@stephanie-stuckwisch
14 years ago
45 posts
Rod Westerfield
Rod Westerfield
@rod-westerfield
14 years ago
109 posts
I know many of us have a bad case of DAD.. I found this wonder if they might have a cure... http://www.dulcimermedicalcenter.org/index.php sorry couldn't resist.. :) :)
updated by @rod-westerfield: 01/13/19 05:09:18PM