Mobilesheets users -question on importing .pdf files with multiple songs

Joseph Besse
Joseph Besse
@joseph-besse
7 years ago
51 posts

Thanks for the info Skip. I will forward your instructions to my friend so she can get started.

Skip
Skip
@skip
7 years ago
359 posts

Set up 2 folders on a PC, 'PDF'S for tablet' and 'PDF'S on tablet'.

Download MobileSheets Companion and the manual  

http://www.zubersoft.com/mobilesheets/companion.html

Connect to WIFI on both units.

Click on the 3 vertical dots [overflow icon] at the upper right on 1st page that appears [main library of MSP] the tablet then select 'Sync to PC'. 

A popup will appear on the PC allowing you to select the tablet, selet it an click ok at the bottom right.

.on the PC, click on the upper left icon and click on 'batch import' [I think it is] and find the 'PDF'S for tablet' folder, select it and go. I may have left out some steps, going strictly from memory right now [not so good for us old timers :)].

updated by @skip: 06/12/17 10:31:04AM
David Pedersen
David Pedersen
@david-pedersen
7 years ago
32 posts

Email Mike @ Mobilesheetspro, he gets back promptly and will answer all your questions.  Great program

Joseph Besse
Joseph Besse
@joseph-besse
7 years ago
51 posts

I use the iPad Pro tablet now with unrealBook as the app.  I formerly used an android tablet with MobileSheets to load my PDF songs, but I forgot exactly how to use it. One of my dulcimer friends bought an android tablet and wants to use the MobileSheets program and I forgot all the details of loading songs onto the tablet. Can somebody refresh my memory so I can help out my friend. Thanks a lot.

Joe Besse

Paula Brawdy
Paula Brawdy
@paula-brawdy
8 years ago
53 posts

Stephen Seifert has thumb drives with all his books on it for a reasonable price!!!    I assume the songs are split up,  but you could ask...   It's really a good deal to have all his books too!

Joseph Besse
Joseph Besse
@joseph-besse
8 years ago
51 posts

I just scan the songs I want into the MobileSheets program from my Join the Jam books

Joe 

Skip
Skip
@skip
9 years ago
359 posts

Some splitters have the ability to join pages also. I don't remember which one I used.

Lowell Moore
Lowell Moore
@lowell-moore
9 years ago
3 posts

Hi Skip,

I'm trying thatright now. The free splitter splits the pdf into individual pagesjust grat but when I haavea2 page song Mobilesheets wants it as 1 file. I am going to try converting to picture files where I can load mulitple files to 1 song. Never done it but it is my next best shot.

Thanks.

Skip
Skip
@skip
9 years ago
359 posts

You could use a pdf splitter. I have just the books so I made pdf's of each page.

Lowell Moore
Lowell Moore
@lowell-moore
9 years ago
3 posts

I use Mobilesheets o my Android table  for storing all of my music, but it is a pain when I get a .pdf file that contains a bunch of songs. Join the Jam II has about 200 songs but came to me as one file. What are the easiest ways to store these things nd be able to search them? Seems like one time I found a way to have a bunch of bookmarks automatically generated, but I can't remember how? Does anyone have any ideas?

updated by @lowell-moore: 08/01/23 06:22:30AM