classical guitars?

Sheryl St. Clare
Sheryl St. Clare
@sheryl-st-clare
9 years ago
259 posts

Mine was a Yamaha, but I think because it was aged, the tone was nicer than the new ones. And it was in really good shape.

Stephen Addison
Stephen Addison
@stephen-addison
9 years ago
9 posts

I've played classical guitar since about 1970.  The Goyas made through 1973 were handmade in Sweden and can be great.  They were owned by Martin from 1974 to their production end in th 90s.  The Martin variants were made in Asia.  I'd play the Goya - if you like it, it could be a really nice instrucment.  The Oscar Schmidts are mostly plywood with too much finish - they are basically Washburn's low end brand.  Washburn classicials are much bertter - but if I was going to buy a cheap classical, I'd get a Yamaha, if I wanted to spend a little more, I'd get an all solid wood Cordoba.  But, if it has been well preserved, the Goya may be the best of the lot!

Sheryl St. Clare
Sheryl St. Clare
@sheryl-st-clare
9 years ago
259 posts

I played classical guitar in my 20’s, but then life happened. I think one of the reasons I like fingerpicking on the dulcimer is because it is similar but easier with my older fingers. I had a sweet sounding used guitar; wish I still had it. My advice is to play them, and go with your heart. 

James Phillips
James Phillips
@james-phillips
9 years ago
87 posts

I am contemplating getting a new classical guitar, and have a couple leads.  There is a vintage Goya classical guitar with a case at a local music store, which I'd tried and sounds fantastic, or an Oscar Schmidt classical guitar.  These are just a couple ideas I have in my head, but want to hear some more, and maybe some yay or nay about my leads.  Best,