David Pedersen
David Pedersen
@david-pedersen
8 years ago
32 posts

Thanks Susie, want to see pics when you get it.

Susie
Susie
@susie
8 years ago
500 posts

David, my new Folkcraft dulcimer was charged to my credit card on 12/22. I bet yours isn't far behind. Keep an eye on your statement. When it's charged, it has started in production. Thought you'd like to know.

J. Andy Crandall
J. Andy Crandall
@j-andy-crandall
9 years ago
4 posts

I think a happy player will be a better player.

David Pedersen
David Pedersen
@david-pedersen
9 years ago
32 posts

Very nice, thanks.

Susie
Susie
@susie
9 years ago
500 posts

David Pedersen:
Susie, curious, will you have a pickup installed?

No, not on this one. I have a Doug Berch dulcimer with a passive pickup, so I have that ability to plug in already. I considered it with this Folkcraft Custom (theirs are really nice active pickups). But, I decided that I didn't need two dulcimers with pickups. Plus, I decided I didn't want the "barn door" type pickup.......it just distracts from the beauty of the wood. But, that's just me. I also have a nice amp and mic setup I can use, if I need to amp this Folkcraft. When I visited there this past summer, Richard said they sell a lot of dulcimers with the pickup and they really like it. It's a personal choice to get it or not. 

David Pedersen
David Pedersen
@david-pedersen
9 years ago
32 posts

Susie, curious, will you have a pickup installed?

Susie
Susie
@susie
9 years ago
500 posts

David Pedersen:
Susie, Probably Feb or March.

Thanks.  I think the same for mine. They are working on some prototypes in Jan that will slow things down a bit, but I'm sure they'll continue to work hard to get them out. They are working some long hours there, according to Steve.

James Phillips
James Phillips
@james-phillips
9 years ago
87 posts

congrats on the new dulcimer!

David Pedersen
David Pedersen
@david-pedersen
9 years ago
32 posts

Susie, Probably Feb or March.

Susie
Susie
@susie
9 years ago
500 posts

David, did you get any word on how long it would take?

David Pedersen
David Pedersen
@david-pedersen
9 years ago
32 posts

Thanks for your help John. Are we there yet,  are we there yet.

John Keane
John Keane
@john-keane
9 years ago
182 posts

David, it was really a pleasure to assist you with this process!  It's just plain FUN!

Lexie R Oakley
Lexie R Oakley
@lexie-r-oakley
9 years ago
229 posts

The Anticipation of it's arrival is a big deal. Congratulations David, your new dulcimer sounds like a beauty. Will be looking forward to pictures and hearing it. 

Kandee
Kandee
@kandee
9 years ago
25 posts

Congratulations!  Can't help it, just a wee bit envious here.

Rob N Lackey
Rob N Lackey
@rob-n-lackey
9 years ago
420 posts

Sounds like a great combination of woods there, David. Bet it'll sound like a dream

Stewart McCormick
Stewart McCormick
@stewart-mccormick
9 years ago
65 posts

Congrats! Sound clips when you get the chance..

Susie
Susie
@susie
9 years ago
500 posts

Congratulations, very exciting! Hope you post pictures after you get it. I also ordered a new dulcimer from Folkcraft (a custom butternut/walnut with wenge accents and a galax back). They are a wonderful group of people there and great to work with. If you ever get a chance to visit them, you'd find it interesting.

Anne Bowman
Anne Bowman
@anne-bowman
9 years ago
56 posts

Look forward to seeing it...

Dusty Turtle
Dusty Turtle
@dusty
9 years ago
1,727 posts

Congratulations on your impending arrival. My first dulcimer had a mahogany back and sides and a spruce top. Nice tone and excellent sustain.

--
Dusty T., Northern California
Site Moderator

As a musician, you have to keep one foot back in the past and one foot forward into the future.
-- Dizzy Gillespie
David Pedersen
David Pedersen
@david-pedersen
9 years ago
32 posts

Ordered just placed. Folkcraft, African Mohagany Bottom/sides, Sitka Spruce Soundboard. Black Tuners. Very excited.  Make me a better player? NO.  But a really happy one.  Merry Christmas all.

updated by @david-pedersen: 10/27/19 12:02:25PM