Will Singleton dulcimer arrived!

Susie
Susie
@susie
8 years ago
500 posts

Congratulations, would love to see some pictures!

Steven Berger
Steven Berger
@steven-berger
8 years ago
143 posts

Thanks everyone! I've wanted an old-style dulcimer for quite a while and I already know I have a great one. John has been a great help throughout the entire purchasing process, and he's a very talented luthier. I couldn't be happier!

Ken Longfield
Ken Longfield
@ken-longfield
8 years ago
1,083 posts

Steven, Favor is a really nice dulcimer. John did a great job in building it. It will give you a lifetime of pleasure. Enjoy.

Ken

"The dulcimer sings a sweet song."

Robin Thompson
Robin Thompson
@robin-thompson
8 years ago
1,425 posts

Steven, you've got a treasure!  I look forward to seeing and hearing Favor again; what you describe about the sound is just what I heard when John K played Favor in Hindman KY.  

Strumelia
Strumelia
@strumelia
8 years ago
2,252 posts

Can't wait to see "Favor"!   Sounds really lovely.

--
Site Owner

Those irritated by grain of sand best avoid beach.
-Strumelia proverb c.1990
Steven Berger
Steven Berger
@steven-berger
8 years ago
143 posts

The "Uncle Will" Singleton dulcimer built by John Knopf arrived today!thumbsup

For being a relatively small, shallow dulcimer, the sound is louder, deeper and more resonant than expected. "Favor" (John names all his dulcimers) rings out with a voice all its own. "Favor" is also a handsome little devil...2 cherry diamond-shaped inlays decorate the fretboard, and the nut, bridge, and pegs are walnut which accents the light colored poplar of the rest of the dulcimer. A scroll headstock and staple frets (no 6+ fret) complete the picture.

John was very pleasant to deal with...he answered all my questions promptly and courteously. He also knows a thing or two about building dulcimers...I highly recommend him!

Anyway, as soon as I can, I'll post some pictures and a sound sample (this might take a bit of doing).

updated by @steven-berger: 10/27/19 12:02:25PM