Jerry Wright death

Jan Potts
Jan Potts
@jan-potts
8 years ago
400 posts

I had hoped to get to Palestine, TX, and meet and jam with Jerry some day.  My condolences to Margaret and their family.

--
Jan Potts, Lexington, KY
Site Moderator

"Use what talents you possess; the woods would be very silent if no birds sang there except those that sang best." Henry Van Dyke
Gail Webber
Gail Webber
@gail-webber
8 years ago
70 posts

I never had the opportunity to meet Jerry, but one of my dulcimer playing friends met him and said he was a very nice guy.  I have their East Texas Jam CD and it sounds like they all had such a good time while making it.  I'm sure he will be missed by his family and those who knew him.

Sean Ruprecht-Belt
Sean Ruprecht-Belt
@sean-belt
8 years ago
31 posts

Very sorry to hear about Jerry's death. You couldn't have found a better guy or more fun to be around. Condolences to all of his family.

Lexie R Oakley
Lexie R Oakley
@lexie-r-oakley
8 years ago
229 posts

I didn't know of Jerry, my prayers are with his family.

Kevin Messenger
Kevin Messenger
@kevin-messenger
8 years ago
86 posts

Did not know Jerry, but, my prayers to his family .

Ken Longfield
Ken Longfield
@ken-longfield
8 years ago
1,089 posts

What sad news. My sympathy goes out to Jerry's family and friends. Jerry influenced a lot of dulcimer players.

Ken

"The dulcimer sings a sweet song."

Robin Thompson
Robin Thompson
@robin-thompson
8 years ago
1,429 posts

Though I never met Mr. Wright, Margaret's 12 Tunes series helped get me started on mountain dulcimer.  

I offer my sympathy to the Wright family. 

Rob N Lackey
Rob N Lackey
@rob-n-lackey
8 years ago
420 posts

Sorry to hear about Jerry.  I met him at Old Pal 3 years ago.  Nice guy.

Gail Webber
Gail Webber
@gail-webber
8 years ago
70 posts

I'm not sure how many are familiar with the Wright family from Texas.  Jerry Wright passed away on March 12th.  He had been ill for a while.  He played music with his wife Margaret and sons Hollis and Lloyd.

updated by @gail-webber: 03/16/16 06:46:47PM