Dusty Turtle
@dusty
8 years ago
1,727 posts

Perhaps this is it, Patty. It's Dulcimerica 194 "Getting the Bends."

--
Dusty T., Northern California
Site Moderator

As a musician, you have to keep one foot back in the past and one foot forward into the future.
-- Dizzy Gillespie

updated by @dusty: 06/12/16 03:23:10PM
Patty from Virginia
Patty from Virginia
@patty-from-virginia
8 years ago
231 posts

Dan, Thanks!!! Yes, I know how to do that with a noter. My friend prefers chord melody style so she would like to learn to bend strings with her fingers. Bing Futch did an excellent video on this but I can't seem to find it. 

Dan
Dan
@dan
8 years ago
185 posts

Are you finger noting or using a noter? With the noter you simply key the fret board and touch the string in the accidental spot and it will ring that note. As per Robin Clark's advanced noter technique video.

Patty from Virginia
Patty from Virginia
@patty-from-virginia
8 years ago
231 posts

I know Bing Futch posted a video on the old FOTMD site that gives instruction and demonstration on how to bend strings to get those accidentals, in between notes, of a song. I tried searching Youtube and he has lots and lots of videos. If anyone out there can remember the name of his video or provide a link I would be very grateful. I tried searching this site but apparently from what I can see that video did not migrate over to this site? I got a friend who is new to the dulcimer but she is picking up on things very quickly and I would like to send her a video (Bing's or anyone else's) on how to bend strings. I think my friend is going to end up a better dulcimer player than me. She has really taken to the instrument. It makes me happysmile

updated by @patty-from-virginia: 06/12/16 04:21:46PM