Which tab book is most tattered from use?

hugssandi
@hugssandi
8 years ago
244 posts

Margaret Wright's 12-Tune Song Books.  I learned on them, I love them, they are actually a crutch to me~LOL!  I NEED MORE FROM HER!!!  :)

D. chitwood
D. chitwood
@d-chitwood
8 years ago
139 posts

Jan, if you don't have Anne Lough's Celtic Treasures or Joe Collin's Simply Celtic, and you love Celtic, then yes, by all means, get those books! They are both fantastic!!

Jan Potts
Jan Potts
@jan-potts
8 years ago
399 posts

Hmm...I'm currently at Dulcimer U at Western Carolina University with Larry Conger, Ann Lough, and Joe Collins.....maybe I'd better take another look in the vendors' area!

--
Jan Potts, Lexington, KY
Site Moderator

"Use what talents you possess; the woods would be very silent if no birds sang there except those that sang best." Henry Van Dyke
D. chitwood
D. chitwood
@d-chitwood
8 years ago
139 posts

Julie! I am in Larry's book RIGHT this second, haha! Have you played Bridget Cruise. I'm getting obsessed with this tune. I'll look into Bill 's book too!

D. chitwood
D. chitwood
@d-chitwood
8 years ago
139 posts

Ken, haha, maybe one day! I am amazed at folks who can play by ear and memorize so well. Waaay out of my league! I have Sue's book but haven't gotten much into it YET. It looks amazing.

Skip
Skip
@skip
8 years ago
359 posts

Sue Carpenters 'Patterns and Patchwork' up until I started using a tablet which contains books, smn, and audio files.

Ken Hulme
Ken Hulme
@ken-hulme
8 years ago
2,111 posts

Tab books?  Never use 'em.  I have lyrics pages for maybe 30 songs that I play frequently at Open Mics, and at the top I have tab for the opening bars of the song.  I just don't play from tab.

D. chitwood
D. chitwood
@d-chitwood
8 years ago
139 posts

I'm finding I just can't seem to put down Joe Collin's Simply Celtic book and Anne Lough's Celtic Treasures. They stay out and I'll stop what I'm doing to go over and just play one song...or two...or three...or ...wasntme

What tab books are your most tattered from use? It's always good to hear about some wonderful books!

updated by @d-chitwood: 08/04/23 09:23:31PM