Hindman, Kentucky

John C. Knopf
John C. Knopf
@john-c-knopf
8 years ago
385 posts

Ken, it looks like "Uncle Eddie" came out of the display window for a personal appearance at the Homecoming.  

Did you all get to play it or anything?

Ken Longfield
Ken Longfield
@ken-longfield
8 years ago
1,073 posts

Yes, he did a good job. I talked with him briefly and was surprised to see my photo in the paper. A friend from Lexington sent me the article she cut out of the newspaper.

Ken

"The dulcimer sings a sweet song."

Rob N Lackey
Rob N Lackey
@rob-n-lackey
8 years ago
422 posts

Thanks for the link to that article.  The author sat in the room as I finished my workshop on "Playing in A" and interviewed Shelbi right after we finished.  Glad to see what he wrote was good and positive.

Lexie R Oakley
Lexie R Oakley
@lexie-r-oakley
8 years ago
229 posts

Thanks for posting the article Ken, I enjoy seeing the progress of this little town and one day I hope to visit there.

Robin Thompson
Robin Thompson
@robin-thompson
8 years ago
1,415 posts

Very cool article!  

Ken Longfield
Ken Longfield
@ken-longfield
8 years ago
1,073 posts

We missed you John. This year all the workshops were in the Codys building and the vending area was just outside of the workshop rooms. Sold one dulcimer and a bunch of books, CDs, and other accessories.

Ken

John C. Knopf
John C. Knopf
@john-c-knopf
8 years ago
385 posts

Thanks for the great article, Ken.  I wish I could have joined you all this year.

Kevin Messenger
Kevin Messenger
@kevin-messenger
8 years ago
86 posts

Just finished reading,  great folks doing great work.  Thanks for posting Ken. 

Steven Berger
Steven Berger
@steven-berger
8 years ago
143 posts

Interesting. Thanks, Ken!

Steven

Patty from Virginia
Patty from Virginia
@patty-from-virginia
8 years ago
231 posts

Great article. Thanks for posting this!

Ken Longfield
Ken Longfield
@ken-longfield
8 years ago
1,073 posts

Here is an article about Hindman, Kentucky where the Hindman Dulcimer Homecoming takes place every year. The folks at the Lutheriery make quite a few dulcimers based on the J.E. Thomas pattern as well as others. Just thought some folks might find it interesting.

http://www.kentucky.com/news/local/news-columns-blogs/tom-eblen/article116038888.html

Ken

updated by @ken-longfield: 10/27/19 12:02:25PM