7 years ago
231 posts

Congratulations John Henry!

Cynthia Wigington
Cynthia Wigington
@cynthia-wigington
7 years ago
74 posts

JH, like riding a bike, or...you were on that bike on the cover right? Making hay here in Vermont while the sunshines.

John Henry
John Henry
@john-henry
7 years ago
258 posts

Ahh!    Just found it Lisa..........upper corner...............bit like saying New England's near the border ?

I'm ducking !!!

JohnH

John Henry
John Henry
@john-henry
7 years ago
258 posts

Cynthia, its not just you who is going senile!    Hamburgers, cell windows, I reckon I'm gonna have to wait until Jim Fawcett gets here in May and pay for a one to one tutorial !

There's your answer Kevin..............I'm sure Jim won't object to toting a few dozen copies in his carry-on bag ?   (usual fee of course)

JohnH

Kevin Messenger
Kevin Messenger
@kevin-messenger
7 years ago
86 posts
Just got my copy, now how to get this celebrity to autograph it. Congrats on a fine tribute, well deserved.
I did see a young man holding a nice American made dulcimer.lol.
Cynthia Wigington
Cynthia Wigington
@cynthia-wigington
7 years ago
74 posts

Lisa that was the face I saw, have I gone senile?

Strumelia
Strumelia
@strumelia
7 years ago
2,255 posts

After clicking on the 'hamburger' mobile menu icon, when you see the dropdown links appear...if you then click on the dropdown link of your NAME, it will take you to your profile page.  Remember, you'll click on your profile page TABS- the Video Tab, to see your videos.  To add a new vid, when on that same video profile page (of YOUR videos), click on the Plus "+" button to add a new video.

--
Site Owner

Those irritated by grain of sand best avoid beach.
-Strumelia proverb c.1990

updated by @strumelia: 04/06/17 04:07:32PM
Strumelia
Strumelia
@strumelia
7 years ago
2,255 posts

JH- This is only for when you are on your iPad Tablet:   when on FOTMD look for this icon in upper corner and click on it to show the links menu:

hamburg.png

--
Site Owner

John Henry
John Henry
@john-henry
7 years ago
258 posts

See !.......it starts, upper left where ?

never gonna get another vid up at this rate !!!

JohnH

Strumelia
Strumelia
@strumelia
7 years ago
2,255 posts

Cynthia, don't you agree that they might have also included this photo of John Henry?... grin   heh heh

Longago.jpg

--
Site Owner

Cynthia Wigington
Cynthia Wigington
@cynthia-wigington
7 years ago
74 posts

My oh my John you handsome handsome marvelous man you! Isn't this just the way it should be seeing you on that cover!

Brian G.
Brian G.
@brian-g
7 years ago
94 posts

I know I've written this elsewhere on the internet already, but I wanted to write it here also - congrats John Henry!  Great achievement.

Strumelia
Strumelia
@strumelia
7 years ago
2,255 posts

A new iPad??   My oh my, you are more up to date than I now, JH!   surprised     Be aware that I've set the site so that tablets use the typical smartphone 'hamburger' style dropdown menu to save screen space.  Look for the funny square button in upper left and when you click on it, all the site links will show in a dropdown column on the left.

I'm hoping that somehow it's made sure JohnHenry receives two physical copies of that DPN issue?- one for himself and one for his son...maybe his grandson too?  A wonderful family heirloom to be passed down to future generations!  

--
Site Owner

MacAodha
MacAodha
@macaodha
7 years ago
33 posts

The music will always be in you John and I know your Mary will be glad to hear you play again as will all at FOTMD. We think and talk of you quiet a lot here in Ireland John, Mary is afraid that you might not want to talk to us, now that you are so famous. Best wishes from us both. Val.

Robin Thompson
Robin Thompson
@robin-thompson
7 years ago
1,429 posts

John,

I hope the songs you've held in your heart through the years can ring again, be a balm to your spirit.  

Mark informed me my DPN arrived-- I should get to see it come Sunday.  :)

While Dan Landrum is a great photographer, he's no magician-- you made a handsome subject!  

xxx

John Henry
John Henry
@john-henry
7 years ago
258 posts

Chuckle................don't be misled by the extraordinary skills shown by Dan Lundrum when wielding a camera..............he very nearly managed to make a  'silk purse out of a sows ear'  on this occasion !                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               I have'nt seem the article in question, so cannot reply to your comment KenH, except to say I'm still learning to play.

Have been in a black place for the last few months, lost any music in me, but have booked for a week of dulcimer stuff in May, only problem is it coincides with the time Mary left the house and never came back ???

Lisa, don't despair, I have just purchased an iPad, so maybe in the future I shall be back to normal asking 'how do I' questions, and Val........

I had bet money that Ireland would upset our apple cart !!!

There is some great stuff being posted here, a privilege to be able to hear it, thanks to all concerned for the sharing

JohnH

Ben Barr Jr
Ben Barr Jr
@benjamin-w-barr-jr
7 years ago
64 posts

I see that!  Got my issue today.

Ken Hulme
Ken Hulme
@ken-hulme
7 years ago
2,126 posts

Poor feller;  had to whittle his first dulcimer out of a Sycamore timber so he could learn to play...

Strumelia
Strumelia
@strumelia
7 years ago
2,255 posts

Careful, he's wielding a knife!   surprised

Big congratulations to dear John Henry Crocker   inlove

--
Site Owner

MacAodha
MacAodha
@macaodha
7 years ago
33 posts

He's looking great, love it.

Robin Thompson
Robin Thompson
@robin-thompson
7 years ago
1,429 posts