Strumelia
Strumelia
@strumelia
7 years ago
2,253 posts

Hi all, this fun ongoing thread will be better located in our GigTalk! group, so I've transferred it to the following location, where everyone can continue participating in it:

https://fotmd.com/strumelia/group_discuss/2080/where-you-playing-next

Thanks!  yes

--
Site Owner

Those irritated by grain of sand best avoid beach.
-Strumelia proverb c.1990
Robin Thompson
Robin Thompson
@robin-thompson
7 years ago
1,426 posts

Gail, you are whatever level is higher than a rock star!  

Gail Webber
Gail Webber
@gail-webber
7 years ago
70 posts

I played at the Mt. Airy Fiddler's Convention last weekend.  I played my arrangement of Wayfaring Stranger and was very surprised to win 1st place!  I'm still in shock that I placed at all with so many good players.  I'm planning to play at the Old Fiddler's Convention in Galax, Va. in August.  I'm working on Clinch Mountain Backstep and may play that, or may work something out on my Galax dulcimer - haven't really decided.  This time of year is so much fun with a lot of local festivals!

Robin Thompson
Robin Thompson
@robin-thompson
7 years ago
1,426 posts

Rob, it would have been nice to see you!  Adam Schlenker is a lights-out flatpicker.  This photo was put online by the venue.  After Adam's set, we all played Black Mountain Rag to close-out the evening.  By the look of things, Mark is taking his break here. :)

image.jpeg

Rob N Lackey
Rob N Lackey
@rob-n-lackey
7 years ago
420 posts

Wish I'd hit mapquest before now.  Maybe I could have been there.  grumpycat

Robin Thompson
Robin Thompson
@robin-thompson
7 years ago
1,426 posts

Tomorrow evening, Mark & I are to open for flatpicking guitar player Adam Schlenker at the Appalachian Listening Room in Logan OH.  It's been a few years since we've played 'out' anyplace.  Due to life circumstances, I have to meet Mark at the ALR, and return here to my folks' when the evening's done. 

Happy strumming, y'all! 

Rob N Lackey
Rob N Lackey
@rob-n-lackey
7 years ago
420 posts

Last gig was last Sat. at Pattyfest here in Fairmont.  Opened the stage performances with "Ballad of Spider John" and went up and down from there.  Now I'm looking for the next gig.   Got some possibilities in Morgantown, so if they pan out, I'll post the data.

Ken Hulme
Ken Hulme
@ken-hulme
7 years ago
2,124 posts

Memorial Day I played at the Altapass Orchard Memorial Day Picnic, on the Blueridge Parkway up in North Carolina.  Except for an Pen Mic or three, I'll next be at the Americana Community Music Association Listening Room on August 5th, opening for Nate Currin.

Strumelia
Strumelia
@strumelia
7 years ago
2,253 posts

BTW, this would be a great  ongoing thread to post in our Gig Talk! Groupyes

--
Site Owner

Those irritated by grain of sand best avoid beach.
-Strumelia proverb c.1990
hugssandi
@hugssandi
7 years ago
244 posts

I have been asked to play "Down in the River to Pray" with a group at church, but I've not gotten full details yet.  I hope it pans out!

Sean Ruprecht-Belt
Sean Ruprecht-Belt
@sean-belt
7 years ago
31 posts

So, folks on the FOTMD, where you playin' at next?

I'll be kicking it up with my band, The Mound City Slickers on the porch of the Peers Store near Marthasville, MO tomorrow from noon until 3 in the afternoon. Come on by if you're in the neighborhood.

Now tell me about you!  hi

updated by @sean-belt: 10/27/19 12:02:25PM