"What was that bell sound I heard at 5pm yesterday" says you

Brian G.
Brian G.
@brian-g
7 years ago
94 posts

Dana, I am very happy you are enjoying the instrument.  :)  (I told you it was a good one!)

Brian

Ken Longfield
Ken Longfield
@ken-longfield
7 years ago
1,084 posts

For a minute I thought you were talking about our bell choir rehearsal, but we did not have one last night. Glad that you are happy with the dulcimer.

Ken

"The dulcimer sings a sweet song."

D. chitwood
D. chitwood
@d-chitwood
7 years ago
139 posts

Strumelia:

What a great feeling when your new instrument is even nicer than you hoped!

I did hear that bell tone you mention, and wondered about it.  It made my cats jump.  kittyscratch

Laugh  Hahaha! That made me laugh out loud!

Strumelia
Strumelia
@strumelia
7 years ago
2,253 posts

What a great feeling when your new instrument is even nicer than you hoped!

I did hear that bell tone you mention, and wondered about it.  It made my cats jump.  kittyscratch

--
Site Owner

Those irritated by grain of sand best avoid beach.
-Strumelia proverb c.1990
Bob
Bob
@bob
7 years ago
86 posts

Would love to hear it!

D. chitwood
D. chitwood
@d-chitwood
7 years ago
139 posts

I'm pretty sure half of you were fiddling around with supper yesterday and looked up from your soup pot, wondering what in the tarnation that bell sound was...that kept going and going and going. The birds flew from the trees, the dog woke up from its nap, haha! giggle2

I confess...it was me. HUG   I just took receipt of my 26" mcspadden and whilst playing around I accidentally hit the 7th fret with the side of my hand. A bell tone harmonic rang out so loud and for sooo long, I gasped! And of course rushed to pull up Larry Conger's Summertime so I could put this new found force of nature to work.

Lord help mercy, the harmonics on this thing!!  Of all the dulcimers that have passed through my hands (folkroots, gallier starsong, gibson, 3 mcspaddens, modern mountain, blue lion) I have never in all my born days heard such a ring!  My other dulcimers pale in comparison. Woo Hoo...thank you Brian G. 

So have at it! Can we talk harmonics?