Harvest Festival 9/15/18 in Costa Mesa, Ca

Tumbleweed
Tumbleweed
@tumbleweed
6 years ago
27 posts
"I hope the move works out for you. You should be at home among the . . . uh . . . tumbleweeds"

U R 2 funny ;)
Dusty Turtle
Dusty Turtle
@dusty
6 years ago
1,727 posts

I'm glad you had such a good time, @tumbleweed.  I've gone in previous years but wasn't able to make it this year.  I would have liked to meet Sarah Morgan.  I've done a couple of workshops with Leo (one at the Harvest Festival and one at Redwood Dulcimer Day) and definitely learned something useful in both.  Did you join the late afternoon jam?  It's always a good time. Usually @Leo-Kretzner and/or @Gregg-Schneeman lead. They do a great job of including everyone and keeping the tunes moving along.

I hope the move works out for you.  You should be at home among the . . . uh . . . tumbleweeds. tumbleweed

--
Dusty T., Northern California
Site Moderator

As a musician, you have to keep one foot back in the past and one foot forward into the future.
-- Dizzy Gillespie

updated by @dusty: 09/20/18 12:24:45AM
Tumbleweed
Tumbleweed
@tumbleweed
6 years ago
27 posts

Hi everyone,

Haven't posted in a while due to other stuff going on.

I went to the Harvest Festival this past Saturday. It was awesome as usual. As usual I was late because nobody gets anywhere on time in So. Cal. unless you leave the day before. The first class that I went to was beginning Autoharp. I turned out to,be the only attendee so, even though I was 10m late I had ONE ON ONE attention. We covered a little more advanced iterms since I had a little knowledge. Thanks Dana

Next I went to Leo's simple chord class for dulcimer. Loved it.  Had a great time.

Third class was the Irish bodhran. The instructor's wife played fiddle as back up. Dave the instructor was also awesome.

Last class was back with Leo and the harmonica. Another fun class.

Have to say this was one of the best festivals I have attended. Sadly it was my last as we are moving next year a few states away.

Hope they have festivals like this in my new home area. Oh and we are moving to North East Texas. If anyone knows of any please let me know.

updated by @tumbleweed: 09/22/18 12:42:54AM