5 years ago
50 posts

Hi Jim - this is a good choice! It will be YOUR song... smiler

Jim Fawcett
Jim Fawcett
@jim-fawcett
5 years ago
85 posts

I'm thinking of doing "Good Christian Friends, Rejoice". Is anyone doing that one, Ariane?

--
Site Moderator
Ariane
Ariane
@ariane
5 years ago
50 posts

Yes, Ken, we are 27 participants now joyjoy - so I can prolong or add at least to New Year or if there will be more even to Epiphany.

Ken Longfield
Ken Longfield
@ken-longfield
5 years ago
1,083 posts

How about adding a 12 days of Christmas to the end of Advent.

Ken

"The dulcimer sings a sweet song,'

Ariane
Ariane
@ariane
5 years ago
50 posts

Hi Jim,

we are now 25 participants - but I can imagine that there will be some more who are interested in joining in - so that I might be able to prolong the calendar with an "between the years" calendar from Dec 25 respectively Dec 26 until New Year nod

Or if there will be another 24 participants I could do a second advent calendar which I could post each in two different places, for example one here on fotmd and one in the dulcimer facebook groups.

So I am looking forward to receiving the link of your youtube video (by preference) or soundcloud audio.

I very much appreciate that you will participate.

Jim Fawcett
Jim Fawcett
@jim-fawcett
5 years ago
85 posts

Is there still room for me to add to the Advent Calendar, Ariane?

--
Site Moderator
Ariane
Ariane
@ariane
5 years ago
50 posts

Hi Ken, this hymn is a very good choice - I like it very much.

If you like you could do a youtube video either that one can see you playing or with a filmed winter/advent scene or with winter/advent photo(s) - of course you could also send me the link to a soundcloud audio - just as you like to.

Ken Longfield
Ken Longfield
@ken-longfield
5 years ago
1,083 posts

Okay, Ariane. I am thinking of recording "O Lord, How Shall I Meet You." The tune is Wie Soll Ich Dich Empfangen in our Lutheran Hymnal.

I can record it in Garageband and then up it to Soundcloud.

Ken

"The dulcimer sings a sweet song."

Ariane
Ariane
@ariane
5 years ago
50 posts

Ken, I so much appreciate that you will join in sun

I am creating a list for me with all the participants and tunes they suggested - in case there will be duplications I will get in contact and would ask for the possibility of another tune.

Since the online calendar which I will be going to use only accepts links I would need a link of a youtube video or a soundcloud audio to copy into this calendar - a recording alone would not work. 

Please let me have any further questions.

Ariane
Ariane
@ariane
5 years ago
50 posts

Yes, Robin, I am so very happy that Mark has given the only correct answer to your question if he liked to participate with you jive - I am looking forward to "your" Advent calendar little door.

Ken Longfield
Ken Longfield
@ken-longfield
5 years ago
1,083 posts

I would like to participate. Are you compiling a list of Advent hymns to avoid duplication or do we just choose what we want to play and email you the recording?

Ken

"The dulcimer sings a sweet song."

Robin Thompson
Robin Thompson
@robin-thompson
5 years ago
1,425 posts

What a wonderful idea, Ariane!  Mark & I look forward to participating.  <3

PS- Some of the very best tunes are the simple ones.  I'm not a "technical" player so simple tunes work well for me.  

updated by @robin-thompson: 09/21/19 08:29:26AM
Ariane
Ariane
@ariane
5 years ago
50 posts

Hi tpatts,

Thank you very much for your interest.

Since Thursday (when I have posted it in the dulcimer facebook groups) 15 musicians have informed me that they will take part - from 4 of them I have already received the links.

There is no skill level required - it just should sound "good" (if simple or complicated) so that everybody who opens this calendar little door will enjoy it.

You know that even a simple melody can bring a smile on to one's face.smile

If there are more than 24 recordings - I could either make a second calendar or perhaps a kind of "between the years" calendar for the days from Christmas until New Year for example...

tpatts
tpatts
@tatts
5 years ago
9 posts

Sounds like a wonderful idea!

Is there a required skill level for players to be at? I’ve only been playing less than a year?

What happens if/when there are more recordings than days in advent?

Ariane
Ariane
@ariane
5 years ago
50 posts

*** NEW International PROJECT ***
                     for a
       MUSICAL Advent calendar
============================
So we need musicians who would like to fill this Advent calendar with own recordings of favorite Advent tunes preferably played on mountain or hammered dulcimer (other instruments are also welcome).

I will collect the links of your youtube video or soundcloud audio (it seems that I can only fill in links to the online calendar - no mp3) in the coming weeks (October and November) and create this Advent calendar and post it if possible here in the forum and in the dulcimer facebook groups for others and our joy.

I am very excited to see how you like this idea.

I have posted this idea in the dulcimer facebook groups yesterday - already 9 musicians answered and would like to participate.

Who else would like to join in?

Best wishes

Ariane

updated by @ariane: 10/27/19 12:02:25PM