New Dulcimer Day: McSpadden Ginger

Susie
Susie
@susie
4 years ago
500 posts

Dusty Turtle:

Beautiful, Susie!  I'm a fan of the Gingers and think they sound great tuned up to F, G, or A.

Thank you Dusty. I've wanted to add a Ginger to my stable, and I'm sure glad I did. I'm loving it in the G tuning right now, but I may experiment with other tunings down the road. They are fun!

Susie
Susie
@susie
4 years ago
500 posts

Strumelia:

What a pretty cherry Ginger Susie!  And the pair together are so complimentary.

Sounds like you did some good research beforehand as to what your preferences and needs are. Good for you!

Enjoy your sweet new bright singing bird.  music

Thank you Strumelia. Yes, I wanted the two to give me a variety in my music....they are part of some other wonderful dulcimers in my life. I did do research, and I appreciate the feedback I got from the members here. I'm enjoying the new Ginger so much already.

Dusty Turtle
Dusty Turtle
@dusty
4 years ago
1,727 posts

Beautiful, Susie!  I'm a fan of the Gingers and think they sound great tuned up to F, G, or A.

--
Dusty T., Northern California
Site Moderator

As a musician, you have to keep one foot back in the past and one foot forward into the future.
-- Dizzy Gillespie
Strumelia
Strumelia
@strumelia
4 years ago
2,252 posts

What a pretty cherry Ginger Susie!  And the pair together are so complimentary.

Sounds like you did some good research beforehand as to what your preferences and needs are. Good for you!

Enjoy your sweet new bright singing bird.  music

--
Site Owner

Those irritated by grain of sand best avoid beach.
-Strumelia proverb c.1990
Susie
Susie
@susie
4 years ago
500 posts

I received my new McSpadden Ginger (all cherry). I absolutely love its sound, workmanship, and beauty. It is clear, articulate, and balanced. The sustain and volume are really good, even though it is a smaller dulcimer. I went with the G tuning, to give all my songs a new voice. It's going to be fun, whether playing at home or at festivals. It completes a great duo, with its big sister, an all walnut standard McSpadden (26"), and complements my other (brand) dulcimers. I did a lot of thinking before ordering this and even contacted some members here for their insights (thanks again). I'm very happy with my choice to go with the cherry, an under-rated tonewood, in the world of walnut dulcimers. I don't think the woods make a significant difference, and cherry can be so visually appealing in its own way. 

McSpaddenGinger (7).jpg

McSpaddenGinger 9.jpg

McSpaddens.jpg

updated by @susie: 10/07/20 11:57:28AM