Little Cities of Black Diamonds virtual fest

Robin Thompson
Robin Thompson
@robin-thompson
4 years ago
1,426 posts

We're happy you folks liked the video!  As you likely noticed, we were not playing music from the 1920's (as was indicated in some of the information on-screen)-- having to do all through distance, there was misunderstanding.  

dulcinina
@dulcinina
4 years ago
87 posts

How nice that you and Mark were asked to be part of the festivl.  The music and settings were so very nice.  Well done. Dulcinina

Kevin R.
Kevin R.
@kevin-r
4 years ago
16 posts

Absolutely loved the video Robin. Very nice!

Robin Thompson
Robin Thompson
@robin-thompson
4 years ago
1,426 posts

Thank you, @dusty-turtle.  The cemetery at which we played the lullaby is a place we have visited often, taking walks there the past many weeks.  It's a good place to think.  In the outdoors, it isn't as easy to keep in good tune as when indoors yet we really wanted to make the videos outside.

Dusty Turtle
Dusty Turtle
@dusty
4 years ago
1,727 posts

I'm mesmerized by your sensitive playing, Robin.  So subtle and precise.

And I love how each tune was filmed in a different local spot.  I'm really taken by the cemetery where you play the 155 Lullaby.  What a peaceful spot.

--
Dusty T., Northern California
Site Moderator

As a musician, you have to keep one foot back in the past and one foot forward into the future.
-- Dizzy Gillespie
Robin Thompson
Robin Thompson
@robin-thompson
4 years ago
1,426 posts

Mark & I live in an area which has come to be known as Little Cities of Black Diamonds , a nickname coined by historian Ivan Tribe.  This year, the LCBD council asked us to participate.  So, we made several little videos and passed them along to be used however the moviemaker saw fit.  In this link, you will find the movie which was put together from some of our little videos and other episodes which were featured during the week-long fest.  

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBTr1ZQH6IWuUqQno6iOxWA

updated by @robin-thompson: 10/20/20 01:10:40PM