Newspaper Article

Robin Thompson
Robin Thompson
@robin-thompson
3 years ago
1,415 posts

What a great project!  Thanks for the posting, Ken-- so good to see!  

Ken Longfield
Ken Longfield
@ken-longfield
3 years ago
1,073 posts

You are all welcome. I subscribe to Google Alerts that lets me know when the word "dulcimer" appears in a news report. Much of what Google links to is junk, but once in a while there is an interesting news story. I wasn't sure how many people would see it, so I decided to share it here.

Dusty, I remember reading something about that project in Northern California. I can't remember if it was on a website or a link to an article somewhere.

Ken

"The dulcimer sings a sweet song."

Dusty Turtle
Dusty Turtle
@dusty
3 years ago
1,720 posts

That's a great story, Ken. Thanks for sharing it.  There was a similar program at a small town in Northern California where they also included math instruction in learning how to lay out the frets.

--
Dusty T., Northern California
Site Moderator

As a musician, you have to keep one foot back in the past and one foot forward into the future.
-- Dizzy Gillespie
Richard Streib
Richard Streib
@richard-streib
3 years ago
231 posts

Thanks for sharing Kenl. Great program. I agree there needs to be more programs along this line.

Susie
Susie
@susie
3 years ago
500 posts

That is awesome! Sure wish I could have done that as a kid. A great way to get them excited about woodworking, music, art, etc. Thanks for sharing, Ken.

Ken Longfield
Ken Longfield
@ken-longfield
3 years ago
1,073 posts

This story from Minnesota appeared in my email today. I thought some of you might be interested in this project. https://www.hometownsource.com/morrison_county_record/mol-students-build-their-own-musical-instruments/article_ccf9c80c-8024-11eb-8ef3-33ff1a8b2e99.html

It would be nice to see more schools doing this.

Ken

"The dulcimer sings a sweet song."