3 years ago
2 posts

Thanks Dusty!

Dusty Turtle
Dusty Turtle
@dusty
3 years ago
1,724 posts

Hey @celtic-cowboy, I see that you have in fact posted a "thanks" to people who commented on your East Virginia video, so clearly you know how to post.

There is no option called a "comment back" but there are two ways to accomplish the same thing.  This is how things work on a pc. It may be slightly different on a mobile device.

One is what I did above. I just wrote your username complete with the @ symbol, which does two things. One, it creates a hyperlink so anyone can click it and get to your homepage. Two, it sends you a notification that someone has mentioned you.  Of course, it also indicates clearly to whom you are responding.

The second way is to directly quote someone:

Celtic Cowboy: How do I respond to comments under my uploaded video? There is no "comment back" button under the comments.

To quote someone, hover your cursor over their comment and you will see an icon appear in the upper right of that box that looks like the speech bubble from a cartoon.  Click that and their entire comment will appear in quotation marks in a new comment box.  You rarely need to quote an entire post, so most of us then edit the quotation to include only what is necessary.

I hope that helps.  If you need further instruction, ask your limberjack. ROTFL

--
Dusty T., Northern California
Site Moderator

As a musician, you have to keep one foot back in the past and one foot forward into the future.
-- Dizzy Gillespie

updated by @dusty: 09/29/21 11:36:08PM
Strumelia
Strumelia
@strumelia
3 years ago
2,252 posts

You should be able to see or access a text box so that you can respond to them with your own comment right there after their comment. 
Are you doing this on a desktop/laptop, or on a tablet/phone?

--
Site Owner

Those irritated by grain of sand best avoid beach.
-Strumelia proverb c.1990
Celtic Cowboy
Celtic Cowboy
@celtic-cowboy
3 years ago
2 posts

How do I respond to comments under my uploaded video? There is no "comment back" button under the comments.