rickanderson28031
@rickanderson28031
2 years ago
1 posts

Hi,

I'm a new member to the site. Wow! I am about to buy my first aids. My issue is my low frequencies so it will be interesting to see how they react to the dulcimer sound. The manufacturer that I'm planning on buying have treble and bass controls. I'll let you know how if that helps at all. It will be a whole new world!

John W. McKinstry
John W. McKinstry
@john-w-mckinstry
2 years ago
50 posts

Hi Richard,  Six months ago I started wearing hearing aids and I also noticed that my dulcimers don't have that sweet quality sound I am accustomed to when wearing them. I too, either take them off, or use my remote to shut them down when I play. I am glad I am not they only one with this problem. 

Richard Streib
Richard Streib
@richard-streib
2 years ago
234 posts

Thought I would ask. With my hearing aids, all of my dulcimores sound from bad to terrible. They are pretty pricey hearing aids, not like at Wally World. My audiologist added a "music" program. It must have been programmed for hard rock. Sure did not help.  The audiologist is from the Appalachian Mountains and is familiar with the sweet voice of the dulcimore. She did say she is not surprised that the hearing aids do not "hear" the sounds of the dulcimore correctly.

I usually take them out or turn them off when I play.

Thought I'd ask if anyone else that wears hearing aids has noticed anything similar.

updated by @richard-streib: 02/14/23 05:47:27PM