Jethro Amburgey #110

John Gribble
John Gribble
@john-gribble
last year
124 posts

Well, @Tim-Amburgey deserves an award for patience!

updated by @john-gribble: 02/01/23 09:16:59AM
Dusty Turtle
Dusty Turtle
@dusty
last year
1,727 posts

Gotta love a happy ending.  happydance

--
Dusty T., Northern California
Site Moderator

As a musician, you have to keep one foot back in the past and one foot forward into the future.
-- Dizzy Gillespie
Strumelia
Strumelia
@strumelia
last year
2,252 posts

Oh my, what a wonderful tale!  And how truly kind is @John-Gribble for making a dream come true. heart

--
Site Owner

Those irritated by grain of sand best avoid beach.
-Strumelia proverb c.1990
Ken Longfield
Ken Longfield
@ken-longfield
last year
1,083 posts

What a great story and wonderful ending. Enjoy your granduncle's handiwork.

Ken

"The dulcimer sings a sweet song."

Richard Streib
Richard Streib
@richard-streib
last year
234 posts

Awesome. Glad you finally connected and now have the dulcimer in hand. Thanks for sharing your success.

Mandolorian1971
Mandolorian1971
@mandolorian1971
last year
1 posts

Many thanks to this forum and specifically John Gribble.  Nearly three years ago right at the beginning of Covid I posted a "in search of a Jethro Amburgey dulcimer" on FOTMD and was connected to John.  Jethro is my ggranduncle and I had been on the lookout for one of his dulcimers.  Almost immediately I was contacted by John.  John was more than happy to put the dulcimer in the hands of a family member.  The problem was that John, and the dulcimer was in Japan.  We stayed in touch periodically waiting for the opportunity make the 'exchange".  After a series of attempts John made it to the States two weeks ago, and last week I was able to hold a beautiful instrument built by the hands of a relative 83 years ago.

Once again thank you John and those that put me in touch with him many months ago.