Ethan Chastain
Ethan Chastain
@ethan-chastain
13 years ago
5 posts

I own a few of the blue Snark's and am very pleased with them.

They work great and will stay clipped to my dulcimers from here on.

Dusty Turtle
Dusty Turtle
@dusty
13 years ago
1,720 posts
I just got my second red Snark tuner, for I was tired of digging through instrument cases looking for my first one.Now I still have to dig around but my chances of finding onehave doubled. I still love the things, though the rubber grippy thing on one of mine fell off somewhere under the redwoods on Redwood Dulcimer Day. Iglued a piece of rubber on there which doesn't look as nice but seems to work just fine.

--
Dusty T., Northern California
Site Moderator

As a musician, you have to keep one foot back in the past and one foot forward into the future.
-- Dizzy Gillespie
John Henry
John Henry
@john-henry
13 years ago
258 posts

???????????????????????????????????????18.gif

I keep mine in my little bag of 'could be useful' stuff, pics, noters, spare batteries, strings, rosien, ect

JohnH

Strumelia
Strumelia
@strumelia
13 years ago
2,248 posts

I have two red Snarks. I like them very much! Plus they are inexpensive. Good grippers on the clamp.

I like that you can pluck a new note and the tuner picks up on it right away- you dont have to wait for the old note to fade out.

A friend bought one and his broke after a day, but he was carrying it in his pants pocket, so I dont know what might have happened.

--
Site Owner

Those irritated by grain of sand best avoid beach.
-Strumelia proverb c.1990
Janis Lewman
Janis Lewman
@janis-lewman
13 years ago
11 posts
You might read through 'press' section of snarktuners.com if you haven't already decided which one you prefer.
Robin Thompson
Robin Thompson
@robin-thompson
13 years ago
1,415 posts
Mark and I each got a Snark from Gary's shop. We give the tuner 113.gif ! I love that it's so sensitive.
Jim Fawcett
Jim Fawcett
@jim-fawcett
13 years ago
85 posts
Hey, almost had one like that. It stayed red, then turned green when you hit the right note. It was really nice. I didn't have to pay a dime for it.Then I had to call Randall and tell him he left his behind. 100.gif Oh, well I was that close...

--
Site Moderator
John Shaw
John Shaw
@john-shaw
13 years ago
60 posts
I just got a red Snark tuner yesterday, and I'm very impressed with its visual clarity and accuracy. (I got it on the recommendation of Robin Clark, who sang its praises when we met at the Bristol Folk Festival the other weekend. Thanks, Robin!)
Robin Thompson
Robin Thompson
@robin-thompson
13 years ago
1,415 posts

I can't go wrong with red or blue. And I'll be at Gary's Prussia Valley shop tomorrow-- I get to meet Randall McKinnon there! 6.gif

My biggest complaints about the tuner I use most now (Tune Tech clip-on) are a rattling button and the tuner's not as sensitive as I'd like it to be 45.gif .

Thanks, everybody! Smile.gif

Ken Hulme
Ken Hulme
@ken-hulme
13 years ago
2,111 posts
My Snark is a Boojum...
Robin Clark
Robin Clark
@robin-clark
13 years ago
239 posts

I've got the red one.

It seems to work well on every instrument in our band - double bass, dobro, fiddle, mandolin, guitar, banjo, dulcimer.

I do have some dulcimers where finding somewhere to clip is a problem, so the mic is useful. Eventually I'll buy another and take the clip off, file off the clip lug on the back of the tuner and put a couple of pieces of hard rubber tape on it. Then I'll have just the head with a non-slip backing so I can just place it on the body of my MDs and dobros right in front of me to tune. I do find that my arm gets in the way of the display when the tuner is on the dulcimer headstock.

I use just the head of an old intelitouch tuner like this and the system works well - but the buttons are now not workingtoo goodon that tuner any more so I need to make another. The Snark is such agood tuner I may have to adapt one - it was also stop the rest of the band nicking it !

Dusty Turtle
Dusty Turtle
@dusty
13 years ago
1,720 posts
I have a red one and I love it. The choice of vibration or mike is perfect. One of my dulcimers does not have a convenient place to clip a tuner, so the mike setting is great. And the screen is much easier to read than most of the other cheap tuners out there. The metronome is pretty useless, though; that feature should just be removed.

--
Dusty T., Northern California
Site Moderator

As a musician, you have to keep one foot back in the past and one foot forward into the future.
-- Dizzy Gillespie
Robin Thompson
Robin Thompson
@robin-thompson
13 years ago
1,415 posts

I appreciate the replies, friends!41.gif Mark and I are thinking we'd like to get Snarks. For my part, the tuners we have just aren't sensitive enough. It's not bad when you're in a quiet place so can fine tune by ear. But lots of places aren't quiet107.gif . . .lol

Red or blue?106.gif Hmm. Seems like I can't go wrong either way.113.gif I'll be using the tuner on both mountain dulcimer and bowed dulcimers.

Leonard Griffin
Leonard Griffin
@leonard-griffin
13 years ago
3 posts
I have a blue one also, I really like mine so easy to read and tune with.
Dana R. McCall
Dana R. McCall
@dana-r-mccall
13 years ago
168 posts
I have a blue one and I love it.Grin.gif
Robin Thompson
Robin Thompson
@robin-thompson
13 years ago
1,415 posts
Do you have a Snark tuner? If so, which one do you have (blue or red) and how do you like it?
updated by @robin-thompson: 07/31/23 07:39:28PM