I believe I got a Mcspadden Sweet Song?

John C. Knopf
John C. Knopf
@john-c-knopf
12 years ago
389 posts

Gentlemen:

Looks 99.9% like a McSpadden Sweet Song assembled kit to me. I've built a couple of them, and they look JUST like this one. (Of course, the fit and finish on mine were much better! Grin.gif ).

RavenMadd Garcia
RavenMadd Garcia
@ravenmadd-garcia
12 years ago
41 posts

yes mine measures the same.....had some dry finish section so I hit it with a touch of Watco walnut dark over the dry bits ...mine had missing strings ....did yours have the sticker inside of who put it together ,,,,,I've been busy slowly convert a old small guitar case for it .....

Don Johnson said:

Mine has, to me, a great sound. It is a lage instrument, 29 1/2 inch VSL, and a 2 1/2 inch deep box. I have posted in another forum here about the strings. It was missing the #1 melody, and I replaced with a .012, but the other two are smaller, and appear oxidized. But I like the sound. #2 has a ring to it, and I cannot imagine why. I have read here that the longer VSL can create a problem because of the longer frets, but I do not believe it will hurt Twinkle Twinkle Little Star a bit.24.gif

RavenMadd Garcia
RavenMadd Garcia
@ravenmadd-garcia
12 years ago
41 posts

Don hows the sounds on yours?...mine is has a great mid range voice to her

Don Johnson said:

I, too, purchased a simular dulcimer from a Goodwill in Seattle. It has no name, and is a very large instrument.

folkfan
@folkfan
12 years ago
357 posts

Looks like someone tried to fix an intonation problem. I wouldn't think that would happen with a Sweet Song Kit.

RavenMadd Garcia
RavenMadd Garcia
@ravenmadd-garcia
12 years ago
41 posts

thank you gentlemen......47 bucks well spent ......

Sam
Sam
@sam
12 years ago
169 posts

Awfully pretty grain in that wood. It does look like walnut. Congrats Rav.

--
The Dulcimer. If you want to preserve it, jam it!
chuck queisser
chuck queisser
@chuck-queisser
12 years ago
15 posts

Looks great, these finds are out there you just have to be patient.

RavenMadd Garcia
RavenMadd Garcia
@ravenmadd-garcia
12 years ago
41 posts

the tuners are gotoh

RavenMadd Garcia
RavenMadd Garcia
@ravenmadd-garcia
12 years ago
41 posts

how can you tell if its one?...I believe its made of walnut...its has a sticker inside that says alan and chet whisman....Dec 1997.....its sounds nice ....my digital camera is down...I got this off of goodwill.com some store in seattle ...

updated by @ravenmadd-garcia: 06/09/16 08:21:50PM