My new ukulele

BethH
BethH
@beth-hansen
11 years ago
41 posts

When I was waiting for my Autoharp to be made I kept having dreams that something like an autoharp would arrive on my doorstep complete with instruction book. Never an autoharp, but in my dream I could play it perfectly. Thanks for putting the uke/guitar hybrid into my brain, I wonder what my dreams will do with that little bit of info?36.gif

musicoutreach said:

Enjoy your uke! I recently purchased a Yamaha Guitalele - its a hybrid instrument that's a cross between a small classical guitar and a tenor ukulele. It has 6 nylon strings and I have it tuned in standard guitar tuning. The scale length is much more comfortable for me than a standard guitar and it gives me 2 extra strings which my baritone uke doesn't have. Another "odd" instrument for you to consider!!

Susanne

Dusty Turtle
Dusty Turtle
@dusty
11 years ago
1,727 posts

Congrats on the new instrument, Beth. I bought a Mahalo uke for my daughter for her birthday. It's painted pink!

--
Dusty T., Northern California
Site Moderator

As a musician, you have to keep one foot back in the past and one foot forward into the future.
-- Dizzy Gillespie
BethH
BethH
@beth-hansen
11 years ago
41 posts

I went into the store looking for a stick-on type of pick up for my dulcimer and walked out with a Mahalo Soprano Ukulele! I did not need another instrument, but she's totally won my heart and a whole new world of happy times are before me. If only I wasn't 20 year to retirement...when will I have time?! I already play the mountaindulcimer, autoharp, and Finnish kantele. I'm officially a collector of odd instruments.I've done well keeping it to Zithers, but this little thing was too cute not to take home.Grin.gif

updated by @beth-hansen: 08/03/23 03:37:49PM