PLEASE Click to READ THIS before posting items for sale here. New requested small fee for sellers.

Strumelia
Strumelia
@strumelia
5 months ago
2,253 posts

Reminder:  Members are allowed to have no more than two threads at any given time in our For Sale forum. Please contact me or another moderator for help in removing threads you no longer want active. Thanks!

--
Site Owner

Those irritated by grain of sand best avoid beach.
-Strumelia proverb c.1990
Strumelia
Strumelia
@strumelia
5 years ago
2,253 posts

Hi Sharon, an Admin needs to remove the threads from the For Sale forum.  I have deleted it for you.  Thanks!

--
Site Owner

Sharon Porter
Sharon Porter
@sharon-porter
5 years ago
6 posts

How do I remove an item for sale? 

Strumelia
Strumelia
@strumelia
6 years ago
2,253 posts

Lois that's very kind of you to post.  FOTMD server/software costs are paid entirely from member donations, and all donations are much appreciated.   inlove    As for my time, well it's a labor of love for me, as well as our volunteer moderators.

--
Site Owner

updated by @strumelia: 06/01/18 09:30:23PM
Lois Sprengnether Keel
Lois Sprengnether Keel
@lois-sprengnether-keel
6 years ago
197 posts

Consider this a P.S. addressed to other members: Lisa/Strumelia keeps this site running with her own time and her own money beyond any money we don't contribute -- I am sure we don't donate anywhere near enough to keep it running.  I'm not planning on selling anything, but don't want to see this site follow Everything Dulcimer into oblivion.

Strumelia
Strumelia
@strumelia
6 years ago
2,253 posts

Lorraine, what I mean is, a single $5 donation for any single sale of something for $100 or higher. 

Of course, if someone sells an $800 dulcimer through their FOTMD sale ad, it'd be awfully nice of them to make a donation of perhaps a little more than $5... but that would be up to them, as I only really request a $5 donation per sale.

If you are selling something like a CD or book, which are much less than $100, then I'd ask that you please make a $5 donation once (and if) you had sold $100 worth of them through an ad here.

BTW- Rotating slideshow ads on the main page are not part of this requested donation thing.  Those Sponsors have already pre-paid for their ads to run in various time slots in the slideshow.

--
Site Owner

Lorraine
Lorraine
@lorraine
6 years ago
13 posts

i read this 5 dollar donstion for 100 dollar ssle

Strumelia
Strumelia
@strumelia
8 years ago
2,253 posts

Johnny Pledger:

I think I will advertise my Dulcimers for sale here. I will donate $5 to this site for each $100 in sales. This is very fair . Thank you for your hard work keeping this site up to date.

Johnny, it's even more modest than that!  If you sell a dulcimer for $450 for example, I still only ask for a $5 site donation.  nod

--
Site Owner

Strumelia
Strumelia
@strumelia
8 years ago
2,253 posts

Dewey, you are forgiven.... and thank you !   howdy

--
Site Owner

updated by @strumelia: 07/24/16 04:08:15PM
Dewey Parker
Dewey Parker
@dewey-parker
8 years ago
9 posts

Strumelia:

Thank you so much and hope you sell your dulcimer quickly. :)

Strumelia, I agreed to your contribution for sales over $100, and promised to support it. Then, I turned around and sold a dulcimer for over $100 and failed to send that contribution. I just ran across that thread again and felt like very badly about it. I'm going right now to correct that. Please forgive me.

Dewey

Dusty Turtle
Dusty Turtle
@dusty
9 years ago
1,727 posts

sandra hehl:
Would love to post a dulcimer for sale but don't seem to be able to figure out how to do so

Sandra, to post an instrument for sale, start a new discussion in the For Sale Forum by clicking the "+" button.

Then you need to add the relevent information. The title should include the type of dulcimer and the words "For Sale."  Then describe the dulcimer, including details such as your asking price, and include a picture or two if you can. Click "create new topic" when you're done.

--
Dusty T., Northern California
Site Moderator

As a musician, you have to keep one foot back in the past and one foot forward into the future.
-- Dizzy Gillespie

updated by @dusty: 08/10/15 04:47:14PM
sandra hehl
sandra hehl
@sandra-hehl
9 years ago
9 posts

Would love to post a dulcimer for sale but don't seem to be able to figure out how to do so

Strumelia
Strumelia
@strumelia
10 years ago
2,253 posts

Fotmd received your donation- thanks so much Pamela!

--
Site Owner

Johnny Pledger
Johnny Pledger
@johnny-pledger
10 years ago
3 posts

I think I will advertise my Dulcimers for sale here. I will donate $5 to this site for each $100 in sales. This is very fair . Thank you for your hard work keeping this site up to date.

Cheryl Johnson
Cheryl Johnson
@cheryl-johnson
10 years ago
43 posts

A small price to pay for a great site!Grin.gif

James Phillips
James Phillips
@james-phillips
11 years ago
87 posts

I'm going to do some listing, and when I sell and get the funds in hand, I will make a donation to this site.

Jack Ferguson
Jack Ferguson
@jack-ferguson
11 years ago
8 posts

Thanks for the notice. Very fair, and deserving. Will gladly donate.

Strumelia
Strumelia
@strumelia
11 years ago
2,253 posts

Thank you so much and hope you sell your dulcimer quickly. :)

--
Site Owner

Dewey Parker
Dewey Parker
@dewey-parker
11 years ago
9 posts

Strummelia, I consider that a perfectly fair (and lenient) request. I for one will be happy to comply. Thanks for the "wake up call". Sometimes we take the hard work and expense of people like yourself who provide us with things on the internet for granted.

Dewey

Strumelia
Strumelia
@strumelia
11 years ago
2,253 posts

Please read before posting an item for sale:

For Sale forum listings must be for  an actual currently existing item  for sale (a CD or book, a specific single instrument, a music stand, photos of some specific dulcimer wood pieces for sale...) and the ad must include a photo of the item being sold. In other words, no open-ended, ongoing listings like "I make dulcimer stands", "I will make you a custom dulcimer", "Music lessons available", "I make bamboo noters", "Selling various wood for building", etc. It needs to be  the actual existing item for sale, with its photo and price. Large items like instruments are limited to ONE item in an ad- small items like noters or earrings can be 5 items per ad...with photo and set price of actual items for sale. For complete details of what is or isn't allowed in the For Sale Forum ads, see the site rules HERE .

For years this site has provided a: For Sale forum  ... free to use for all members.  Over the past few years, our site maintenance costs have slightly increased, and our total member donations have slightly decreased. 
To avoid falling into the red, I'd like to ask that anyone who uses this forum to advertise and successfully sells items totaling more than $100 to please make a $5 donation to Friends of the Mountain Dulcimer , to assist in keeping up with our 'rent'. This applies also to items sold on Ebay but advertised here on FOTMD. I ask that you please donate $5 for every completed Ebay sale of over $100 that you have listed here to our members.

I do not ask this of sales of less than $100 -unless you've sold enough of them to make more than $100, such as having sold ten or more CDs for example- however no donation will ever be refused.

FOTMD's Paypal  Donation Button is located at the bottom of our site's Main Home page. You need not actually have a Paypal account to use the donation button- a credit card works fine with it. Donations are processed through Paypal's secure server, so no worries there.

Though it's easy to keep track of who has donated and who has not, I don't really want to have to remind or notify people, so this request is based on the honor system. Please do remember to click on the Donation Button and make your $5 contribution to the site after selling goods or services of over $100 that you have advertised in our For Sale forum.

With your help we can keep FOTMD running smoothly and all paid up!

Thanks so much,

-Strumelia

==================

NEW!-

Want to more actively promote your talents, your website, music merchandise, festival, custom instruments, lessons, or services more visibly?

Now you can, and it's incredibly affordable!   Purchase your very own  Banner Ad  in FOTMD's new Main Page rotating slideshow of Sponsor Ads!  See the new slideshow in action right in the middle of Fotmd's Main Page, and get rates and all the details:  Click HERE . These ads are large, eye catching and very reasonably priced- costing only $10-15 per month!  Professional graphic design assistance is also available for  any  budget- we want to help get your ad up and running right away and looking  awesome .

--
Site Owner

updated by @strumelia: 11/10/23 01:05:06PM