Cajun accordion

IRENE
IRENE
@irene
5 years ago
167 posts

Hey Steve, you are in LUCK....there's a FABULOUS dulcimer/banjo/ukulele/"squeezebox"....festival in Palestine, Texas.   I've been there for 3 years and some marvelous squeeze box folks come to that festival.  2 years now there has been this gal from England.  (boy, is she good) she was a champion in England for several years.  such a beautiful clear voice.  Find out about it and you'll fit right in.  AND you can get on with the dulcimer too!!  aloha, irene

Ken Longfield
Ken Longfield
@ken-longfield
5 years ago
1,083 posts

Sounds like a nice birthday present. I'm sure it can drown out a dulcimer, but please don't do that. Enjoy your accordion.

Ken

"The dulcimer sings a sweet song."

steve104c
@steve104c
5 years ago
11 posts

My grandparents from my mother’s side was from Lafayette, LA. 6 years ago my wife and I took a weekend to Lafayette and found a cajun accordion builder. It was a few weeks till my birthday and my wife bought me one, Martin Accordions. A really fine instrument. Diatonic. Works like a harmonica. Pull for a note, push for a different note with same button. Also called a melodion. Mostly cajun music is played on this instrument but I have been playing Christmas, pop, and county music. Sounds fine. Plays totally different from a regular accordion. Much smaller. Ten keys on right and two bass keys on left. Still have not mastered it but not giving up. Aeeeee.

updated by @steve104c: 01/17/20 09:02:42PM