Search for a tab of "Let There Be Peace On Earth"

jimws
@jimws
last year
10 posts

Thanks for the responses.  I don't have an issue paying for a tab & I'm going to order Glazner's packet.

NateBuildsToys
NateBuildsToys
@nate
last year
238 posts

Dusty Turtle:

You might feel otherwise if you were trying to make a living as a songwriter.

You are probably right. I haven't ever experienced that side of it. I feel that knowledge should not be owned and the idea that a knowledgeable musician could easily replicate a piece of music that they hear, but cannot share the information of 'how' with others makes me sad.
One could go to a friend and have him show them note for note how to play the melody, but one couldn't pass that along to others online, and if one didn't have that friend, they'd have no such luck. 

updated by @nate: 03/03/23 11:50:37PM
Dusty Turtle
Dusty Turtle
@dusty
last year
1,719 posts

NateBuildsToys:
Dusty Turtle: The song is under copyright, so it is illegal to post free tab to the melody. 

What a frustrating concept.

You might feel otherwise if you were trying to make a living as a songwriter.

--
Dusty T., Northern California
Site Moderator

As a musician, you have to keep one foot back in the past and one foot forward into the future.
-- Dizzy Gillespie
NateBuildsToys
NateBuildsToys
@nate
last year
238 posts

Dusty Turtle:

The song is under copyright, so it is illegal to post free tab to the melody. 

What a frustrating concept.

Dusty Turtle
Dusty Turtle
@dusty
last year
1,719 posts

@jimws, the music to which @natebuildstoys links provides tab to play the chords, but not the melody, in the key of G.  If you don't have a 1.5 you could just play that C chord as a 346 or 666.  Another possibility would be to transpose everything to D and use the chords you are used to (D, Bm, G, etc.).

The song is under copyright, so it is illegal to post free tab to the melody. However, you can buy  a "packet" from Tull Glazener that includes tab and a lesson on CD.

--
Dusty T., Northern California
Site Moderator

As a musician, you have to keep one foot back in the past and one foot forward into the future.
-- Dizzy Gillespie
NateBuildsToys
NateBuildsToys
@nate
last year
238 posts

Hello Jim, I found this YouTube video showing one way to play it 

which comes with a link to these tabs
here
The tabs are written unconventionally and use a 1.5 fret, but this might help.
-Nate

updated by @nate: 03/03/23 06:58:41PM
jimws
@jimws
last year
10 posts

This is one of my wife's favorite songs & she has asked me to play it.  I've been unable to locate a tab.  I would appreciate if anyone knows who may have tabbed it out.