Video Links for the Hindman Dulcimer Homecoming

Patty from Virginia
Patty from Virginia
@patty-from-virginia
10 years ago
231 posts

Thanks Rob for posting these video links. I've enjoyed every one of them. I hope to make it to Hindman next yearSmile.gif

Rob N Lackey
Rob N Lackey
@rob-n-lackey
10 years ago
420 posts

Maddie MacNeil, This is the last of the videos Jim took of the Homecoming Concerts.

Next year we'll get everyone, complete!

If you can make it, you won't regret coming to Hindman next year. Thanks, Mike, Brett, et al. It was a blast

Guy Babusek
Guy Babusek
@guy-babusek
10 years ago
96 posts

Thank you for all these, Rob!

Rob N Lackey
Rob N Lackey
@rob-n-lackey
10 years ago
420 posts

Don Pedi, Don PEDI, DON PEDI! I know some of y'all have been waiting patiently for the Don Pedi portion of the concerts at Hindman, so here they are:

Enjoy! Maddie & Cari to come later!

Rob N Lackey
Rob N Lackey
@rob-n-lackey
10 years ago
420 posts

Thanks everyone for your kind comments. Be sure to give Jim kudos for the videography. Here's a few from "Gentle Anne" Anne MacFie, "The Spandex Folkie."

Patty from Virginia
Patty from Virginia
@patty-from-virginia
10 years ago
231 posts

Rob, I've watched a few of the videos. You did great!!! You all did great!!! Maybe I can attend next year. I would love to be able to do that. Thanks for sharingSmile.gif

Brian G.
Brian G.
@brian-g
10 years ago
94 posts

This is wonderful! I can't wait to check these out after work today. :) Thank you!

Rob N Lackey
Rob N Lackey
@rob-n-lackey
10 years ago
420 posts

NEW LINKS: here are most of the Friday night jam session with Ron Pen, Don Pedi, Cari Norris and me. We had a blast, as I hope will be evident from watching.

Jim Fawcett
Jim Fawcett
@jim-fawcett
10 years ago
85 posts

It was a fun thing to do. Videoing what I could, and did. The icing on the cake, it was the first Hindman Dulcimer Homecoming.

--
Site Moderator
John C. Knopf
John C. Knopf
@john-c-knopf
10 years ago
389 posts

Thanks, Rob! Brings back happy memories of that time.

Mike Slone
Mike Slone
@mike-slone
10 years ago
18 posts

Good job on the video Jim, I almost feel like I was there. Or, feel like I was almost there.

Robin Thompson
Robin Thompson
@robin-thompson
10 years ago
1,426 posts
Hey, thanks for putting these links all in one place, Rob!I've enjoyed all I've had a chance to see from the gathering and look forward to exploring the links above.Thank you to all contributed!
Rob N Lackey
Rob N Lackey
@rob-n-lackey
10 years ago
420 posts

Thanks, Ken. I had a fantastic time there, too. I recommend it for everyone who has any inclination to go to a dulcimer festival and can make it to Hindman. There will links to the Friday night jam session after the concert soon.

Ken Longfield
Ken Longfield
@ken-longfield
10 years ago
1,084 posts

These videos are great. Jim did a good job of recording the action on video and in still photos. Rob is too shy to mention it, but Maddie MacNeil opened for him at the Friday night concert. Rob did himself and all of his FOTMD friends proud with a wonderful performance. I trust all of you will enjoy the videos.

I had a great time although I only managed to get to one workshop. I hope to return next year.

Ken

"The dulcimer sings a sweet song."

Rob N Lackey
Rob N Lackey
@rob-n-lackey
10 years ago
420 posts

It was my pleasure to have participated in the Hindman Dulcimer Homecoming Nov 6-8, 2014. I was in the company of dulcimer greatness, that's for sure. Ralph Lee Smith and Maddie McNeil were there as well as Don Pedi, Anne MacFie and Cari Norris. The historic Hindman Settlement School was the perfect setting for this event. Teaching, playing, visiting, hanging out in the Dulcimer Shop in Hindman made for a great weekend for me. Plan to come next year; preparations are already in the works for an even better time.

Jim Fawcett kindly recorded a lot of performances and shared them with me. Here's links to some of the stage goings on. There will be more to come.

Hope y'all enjoy these. Check back for more.

updated by @rob-n-lackey: 06/11/15 07:42:08AM