Dulcimerville Euphoria

John Keane
John Keane
@john-keane
12 years ago
182 posts

Randy, we enjoyed seeing you again VERY much! Thanks for everything you bring to an event like Dulcimerville. It's folks like you who make it what it is! We miss ya already!

Robin Thompson
Robin Thompson
@robin-thompson
12 years ago
1,428 posts

Randy,

Your time at Dulcimerville sounds delightful. (I have an idea of some of what you're feeling because I was privileged to go to Don Pedi's retreat last month; Don is a treasure!)

If I ever get to Dulcimerville, you're one of the first people I'd be searching-out!6.gif

Strumelia
Strumelia
@strumelia
12 years ago
2,254 posts

Randy, thanks so much for sharing all this with us so we can enjoy the thrill along with you. Sounds wonderful!

--
Site Owner

Those irritated by grain of sand best avoid beach.
-Strumelia proverb c.1990
Rob N Lackey
Rob N Lackey
@rob-n-lackey
12 years ago
420 posts

Randy, it sounds like you might have had a great timeGrin.gif . Wish I could have been there, but week-long seminars are just not do-able for me right now. So I'll just live vicariously through the descriptions you and others have given. Maybe next year will be different, but right now, it doesn't seem like it will beFrown.gif .

I'll have to get Phyllis's book. Love her playing and the sound of the traditional Galax dulcimer

Rob

Dusty Turtle
Dusty Turtle
@dusty
12 years ago
1,729 posts

Someday, Randy, when family, work, and money allow it, I hope to be one of those new friends you meet at Dulcimerville. Everyone seems to returnwith such wonderful stories of music and friendship.

--
Dusty T., Northern California
Site Moderator

As a musician, you have to keep one foot back in the past and one foot forward into the future.
-- Dizzy Gillespie
Randy Adams
Randy Adams
@randy-adams
12 years ago
115 posts
What? Did a week really go by that quickly? What just happened?
Got home from Dulcimerville last night and am still euphoric. Replaying in my mind all the wonderful moments from the week, trying to lock them into my memory so I'll never forget them.
It's a dulcimer festival alright, but it's so about the good people, the camaraderie, the old and new friends, giggling with Linda Brockington and Sarah Morgan and their friends at 1 in the morning! I met 2 new friends, Jay and Jane, who will be my friends for as long as I'm on this earth. John and Karen Keane are the real deal. Genuine goodhearted and fun people who are serious about the dulcimer, good players and entertainers.
I've got to get one of those Galax dulcimers! I was fortunate to spend enough time with Phyllis Gaskins to get a handle on some of the basics of her style. She is such a great player and so much fun to play the tunes with. I bought her new book and it is chock filled with information: Galax dulcimer history, playing tips, her observations on almost 40 years of playing the style, pictures of old dulcimers.
I cherish being privileged to play the tunes with Don Pedi and Joe Shelton and am humbled to be in their musical presence and am honored to be their friend. They know so many rare, complex and historically significant tunes. Don is a one of a kind entertainer and is so generous sharing the tunes.
Thanks to Lois, and Marie, for a truly memorable week. Looking forward to next year!

updated by @randy-adams: 02/28/19 07:13:46PM