8 years ago
1,415 posts

Thanks, Joe and Lexie!   Cool info. 

Lexie R Oakley
Lexie R Oakley
@lexie-r-oakley
8 years ago
229 posts

You have a real treasure there and it is such a nice thing that Rick Scott got in touch with you to give you information on JR dulcimers. This will give your dulcimer that much more pleasure and personal value and the coolest part is that it was your Father's.

Have fun with your Dulci Journey!

Lexie R Oakley
Lexie R Oakley
@lexie-r-oakley
8 years ago
229 posts

Sounds like you have a beauty enjoy your journey and I am sure other's will lead you to more information as you have lead me to the discovery of JR's dulcimers have fun.

Lexie R Oakley
Lexie R Oakley
@lexie-r-oakley
8 years ago
229 posts

Rick Scott playing JR's last dulcimer;

Lexie R Oakley
Lexie R Oakley
@lexie-r-oakley
8 years ago
229 posts

I went to youtube and found Rick Scott playing J.R's last dulcimer and JR playing a dulcimer very much like yours.

Lexie R Oakley
Lexie R Oakley
@lexie-r-oakley
8 years ago
229 posts

I looked up JR Stone and found a interesting article "Meeting Joni Mitchel" by Rick Scott. Which includes some back ground information on JR Stone. This might interest you. http://jonimitchell.com/library/view.cfm?id=2682

Strumelia
Strumelia
@strumelia
8 years ago
2,248 posts

Welcome to FOTMD.  Very cool dulcimer!  

Are you considering learning to play it?  In any case I'm sure you'll get some interesting info on this instrument form other members.

I removed your other duplicate thread, and I moved this thread out of the For Sale forum since it's not a sale thread.  If you decide to sell this dulcimer later, please create a new selling thread there after first reviewing the For Sale Forum guidelines.  Thanks very much!

--
Site Owner

Those irritated by grain of sand best avoid beach.
-Strumelia proverb c.1990