Robin Thompson
Robin Thompson
@robin-thompson
12 years ago
1,421 posts

Take the ox off your Sox and you're a fan of the Reds. Grin.gif
Hey, I want the Yankees to lose, too.

Dusty Turtle said:

As a Red Sox fan since before I can remember, I am indeed routing for a team this year: whoever is playing the Yankees.

I know there are Yankees fans out there. But I guess some people wanted Goliath to beat David, too.

Actually, a lot of the games have been really exciting this year. And here in Northern Cal we had two teams in the run, with the As a genuine cinderella team with one of the lowest payrolls in baseball. My wife is a Giants fan, so our house is black and orange and not because of Halloween.

Dusty Turtle
Dusty Turtle
@dusty
12 years ago
1,725 posts

As a Red Sox fan since before I can remember, I am indeed routing for a team this year: whoever is playing the Yankees.

I know there are Yankees fans out there. But I guess some people wanted Goliath to beat David, too.

Actually, a lot of the games have been really exciting this year. And here in Northern Cal we had two teams in the run, with the As a genuine cinderella team with one of the lowest payrolls in baseball. My wife is a Giants fan, so our house is black and orange and not because of Halloween.

--
Dusty T., Northern California
Site Moderator

As a musician, you have to keep one foot back in the past and one foot forward into the future.
-- Dizzy Gillespie
Patty from Virginia
Patty from Virginia
@patty-from-virginia
12 years ago
231 posts

Well the Nats snatched defeat out of the jaws of victory. Congratulations to the Cards. I'm sure you are happy SueSmile.gif

Jim Fawcett
Jim Fawcett
@jim-fawcett
12 years ago
85 posts

That would have been the best casescenario. Oh well, maybe next year.

Robin Thompson said:

You know I wanted the Reds to win the division and the Pirates to win the wild card.

Jim Fawcett said:

Well, all I can say after 20 years of having a losing season with the Pirates, Let's go Nats!

--
Site Moderator
Robin Thompson
Robin Thompson
@robin-thompson
12 years ago
1,421 posts

You know I wanted the Reds to win the division and the Pirates to win the wild card.

Jim Fawcett said:

Well, all I can say after 20 years of having a losing season with the Pirates, Let's go Nats!

Jim Fawcett
Jim Fawcett
@jim-fawcett
12 years ago
85 posts

--
Site Moderator
Robin Thompson
Robin Thompson
@robin-thompson
12 years ago
1,421 posts

Patty, as a Reds' fan I've been pulling for the Nats to defeat the Cards!

Patty from Virginia said:

Robin, If the Washington Nationals win Friday night, I don't know what I'll do. I'll either get excited that our area finally has a winning team (been a long dry spell; although, hockey team has been okay) or I'll faint from the shock of it allGrin.gif

Patty from Virginia
Patty from Virginia
@patty-from-virginia
12 years ago
231 posts

Robin, If the Washington Nationals win Friday night, I don't know what I'll do. I'll either get excited that our area finally has a winning team (been a long dry spell; although, hockey team has been okay) or I'll faint from the shock of it allGrin.gif

Robin Thompson
Robin Thompson
@robin-thompson
12 years ago
1,421 posts

A most appropriate post, Carrie!

Carrie Barnes said:

Oh, somewhere in this favored land the sun is shining bright,
The band is playing somewhere, and somewhere hearts are light;
And somewhere men are laughing, and somewhere children shout,
But there is no joy in Mudville: Mighty Casey has struck out.

Leonard, this pretty much sums it up for me.................46.gif

Robin, smog?43.gif

Robin Thompson
Robin Thompson
@robin-thompson
12 years ago
1,421 posts

For your dear wife's sake, Leonard, it is good to not watch games sometimes.

I watch no Reds' games-- we don't get cable tv and live in the boondocks where few channels can be got.

Leonard Griffin said:

Robin, if we could figure that out it would not hurt so bad. Like Carrie says we Texas Rangers fans have been disappointed again for the third time. I sometimes have had to not watch games for awhile, my wife says I get to hard to live with , and my blood pressure I am sure goes up!!

Leonard Griffin
Leonard Griffin
@leonard-griffin
12 years ago
3 posts

Robin, if we could figure that out it would not hurt so bad. Like Carrie says we Texas Rangers fans have been disappointed again for the third time. I sometimes have had to not watch games for awhile, my wife says I get to hard to live with , and my blood pressure I am sure goes up!!

Robin Thompson
Robin Thompson
@robin-thompson
12 years ago
1,421 posts

Oh, Carrie!102.gif How in the world did the Reds win the first two games of the series in SF then lose 3 at home?106.gif

Robin Thompson
Robin Thompson
@robin-thompson
12 years ago
1,421 posts

Anybody cheering 41.gif 36.gif for a team in baseball's post-season?

Robin "Go, Reds!" Thompson5.gif

updated by @robin-thompson: 01/13/19 05:09:18PM