Bigfoot - not the dulcimer

John Keane
@john-keane
4 years ago
253 posts

That's about 30 minutes from where I work. It's "squatchy" lol!

Rob N Lackey
@rob-n-lackey
4 years ago
434 posts

That was pretty interesting, John. I had forgotten about those sightings.

Carrie Barnes
@carrie-barnes
4 years ago
125 posts

LOL, how well I remember this movie! Hmm, maybe Mtn. View via Fouke!Grin.gif

John Keane
@john-keane
4 years ago
253 posts

Mark, I went to California one time as a kid in 1968, so I was definitely not local to the Rugg brothers. I just think that the history (as you noted) combined with my own curiosity about Bigfoot (thanks in no small part to "The Legend of Boggy Creek" which was filmed down the road from where I grew up WHEN I was growing up) made for a neat theme for a dulcimer. It gives a nod to a tangible Folkroots lineage as well as my own fascination with the topic.

Mark Richardson said:

I grew up in the San Francisco area along the coast... just thought Dulcimer's were part of everybody's world... and Big Foot belonged in Willow Creek,, Humboldt County, not Mt. Tam.. ( I worked on Mt Tam for 8 yrs....big foot does live on the mountain....), John, how does the 'rest of your story' go?... were you local to the Rugg Brothers?... Love stories... and dulcimers...

John Keane said:

Mark, the information in your story is how the Bigfoot dulcimer came to be. The dulcimer world is a small one indeed! Grin.gif

Mark Richardson said:

Oh Know,, said Mr. Bill..

I wonder if anybody knows the REAL expert on BIG FOOT>>>> and Its about dulcimers... I recall a story of a young man wondering thru the woods of northern California (I think Marin County, Mt. Tam), and coming across some strange man-like creature.... Now we fast forward about 50+ years to a little curve in the road in Felton California (Santa Cruz area), and low and behold... a BIG FOOT MUSEUM and artifacts.. are open for our viewing pleasures.... but wait,,, it can't be.. this is the home of Capritaruis, later to be known as Folk Roots Dulcimers... While the Rugg brothers, Michael and Howard are still rambling about, Micheal has converted the 'dulcimer factory' into a Big Foot museum... just ask Micheal, he'll share his stories..Smile.gif

John Keane
@john-keane
4 years ago
253 posts

Mark, the information in your story is how the Bigfoot dulcimer came to be. The dulcimer world is a small one indeed! Grin.gif

Mark Richardson said:

Oh Know,, said Mr. Bill..

I wonder if anybody knows the REAL expert on BIG FOOT>>>> and Its about dulcimers... I recall a story of a young man wondering thru the woods of northern California (I think Marin County, Mt. Tam), and coming across some strange man-like creature.... Now we fast forward about 50+ years to a little curve in the road in Felton California (Santa Cruz area), and low and behold... a BIG FOOT MUSEUM and artifacts.. are open for our viewing pleasures.... but wait,,, it can't be.. this is the home of Capritaruis, later to be known as Folk Roots Dulcimers... While the Rugg brothers, Michael and Howard are still rambling about, Micheal has converted the 'dulcimer factory' into a Big Foot museum... just ask Micheal, he'll share his stories..Smile.gif

Carrie Barnes
@carrie-barnes
5 years ago
125 posts

Nah, say it ain't so JK3.gif! Rob, that is hilarious!24.gif

John Keane
@john-keane
5 years ago
253 posts

CB...I've settled down per LB's request lol. Rob...that's the funniest thing I've read in a month! Grin.gif

Rob N Lackey
@rob-n-lackey
5 years ago
434 posts

somehow I just can't see Bobo in a blimp

Carrie Barnes
@carrie-barnes
5 years ago
125 posts

That IS kinda interesting....................but won't be ready by the 28th!24.gif

John Keane said:

Carrie Barnes
@carrie-barnes
5 years ago
125 posts

What Scott said, ROFL!24.gif

Jim Fawcett
@jim-fawcett
5 years ago
134 posts

Alrighty then.... very interesting!26.gif

--
Site Moderator
Rob N Lackey
@rob-n-lackey
5 years ago
434 posts

Yep, this area may be Squatchy or Squatchie, however it's spelled!!!

Scott Allen
@scott-allen
5 years ago
27 posts

I think there's a Squatch in these woods.......... Grin.gif

Carrie Barnes
@carrie-barnes
5 years ago
125 posts

Alright, that's pretty neat! BoBo and the crew should be pumped, LOL!Grin.gif

Chuck Moseley
@chuck-moseley
5 years ago
5 posts

Thanks for sharing that RN! I have a buddy here who LOVES Bigfoot stuff. In fact, as a joke, he made me a plaster cast of a Bigfoot foot print that I keep in my office. People love it! I'm passing this story along to him to make sure he gets the news! Grin.gif

John Keane
@john-keane
5 years ago
253 posts

Okay...that's pretty cool! Grin.gif

Rob N Lackey
@rob-n-lackey
5 years ago
434 posts

Did they time this to coincide with the repair/recovery of the Bigfoot Dulcimer? Could there be a Bigfoot dulcimist in the future? Will a bigfoot come down for the music? Well, judge for yourself.

http://www.seattlepi.com/business/press-releases/article/Bigfoot-DNA-Sequenced-In-Upcoming-Genetics-Study-4063604.php

updated by @rob-n-lackey: 03/12/17 12:45:49AM