@the-member
2 months ago
2 posts

Thanks for the Chat instructions page!

ozarklady
@ozarklady
2 years ago
26 posts

Thanks Strumelia You know I am teaching myself to play and I can play around 16 songs and realize how important counting is. Got to say those rests notes are crazy how can you rest when you aren't playing. Just sayin/

Strumelia
@strumelia
2 years ago
1,700 posts

Ozark, that sounds great!  Alcohol can indeed clean the strings a bit, but new strings sound like a nice treat for a used dulcimer.  Don't get alcohol on the fretboard or wood.

I should mention...  No harm done, but you'll have better responses by posting this info about your dulcimer on one of the dulcimer-related forums or threads, rather than here in a discussion about using the site's chat program.  winky    Click on "Forums" link at top of site pages in the navigation bar, and you'll see the different forum categories in which you can post. Then you pick the category subject that most matches the subject you'll be posting about.   sun

--
Site Owner

Those irritated by grain of sand best avoid beach.
-Strumelia proverb c.1990

updated by @strumelia: 10/20/15 07:27:40PM
ozarklady
@ozarklady
2 years ago
26 posts

I just bought another(lordy my husband is going to shoot me) dulcimer on ebay. You know I bet I should clean it, like the strings since I really don't know how clean it is . Wonder if I put alcohol on a cotton ball and ran it up and down the strings would it harm the strings?  Thanks for all the help

By the way I just learned the rest note, don't really know why it exists.

Strumelia
@strumelia
2 years ago
1,700 posts

I should mention that there are some features that the PDF guide discusses that are not available or not activated in our FOTMD chat.  So if you don't see one of the options it's talking about, just know that it's not part of our particular chat feature offerings.   For example, the Facebook connection.

But maybe some of the basic instructions in the guide will help somebody here.  nod

--
Site Owner

Patty from Virginia
@patty-from-virginia
2 years ago
276 posts

Thanks!!!!

Strumelia
@strumelia
2 years ago
1,700 posts

Here is a helpful user manual which helps explain how to use our Chat program:

https://www.cometchat.com/documentation/wp-content/uploads/sites/4/2013/03/End-user-manual-Premium-Edition.pdf

--
Site Owner

updated by @strumelia: 02/17/16 11:25:07AM