Group Contents Re-ordered???

Strumelia
Strumelia
@strumelia
5 years ago
2,252 posts

When in doubt, refresh your browser page.. it often helps when things look to be 'disappeared'.

--
Site Owner

Those irritated by grain of sand best avoid beach.
-Strumelia proverb c.1990
Ken Hulme
Ken Hulme
@ken-hulme
5 years ago
2,123 posts

OK -- good to know... I thought it might be something I was/wasn't doing...

Strumelia
Strumelia
@strumelia
5 years ago
2,252 posts

Ken, the text box issues have to do with the tinyMCE text editor software that is used here. It's not something that I can fix and has nothing to do with our part of the platform.  TinyMCE is its own software, and they've been having some issues lately. I do know that they are working on fixes for their current text editor problems.  We'll have to simply let that work itself out for a few weeks.  If it continues to happen after say three or four more weeks from now, let me know again then. Thanks!

Meanwhile, the other group discussion re-ordering is being worked on to find the solution.

--
Site Owner

Ken Hulme
Ken Hulme
@ken-hulme
5 years ago
2,123 posts

Doing it again JUST NOW. Interesting that in the Building group, Ken Longfield's post about Tuning Peg Knobs is still at the top of the list, but everything below that is wanky.

Also, I've notice lately (last month or so) that periodically I'll go to some random Discussion and if I try to create a Post, the text box flashes up and then disappears!  Not every time or every discussion.  It just happened now in the Discussion where someone is looking for a particular Bowed Psaltery.  I went in and out of the discussion 4 or 5 times and it finally gave me a text block to type in...

Ken Hulme
Ken Hulme
@ken-hulme
5 years ago
2,123 posts

Not a problem, Lisa.  Will let you know if things get wonky again.  Glad to see that the issue has been forwarded and a permanent solution may be achieved...

Strumelia
Strumelia
@strumelia
5 years ago
2,252 posts

The discussions have been re-ordered again.  But this issue has not been 'solved' yet.  There's a fix that has been applied, but the cause is yet unknown, so it may happen again until the cause is figured out.

Ken please post here if/when it happens again.  Meanwhile the developers of our software are trying to figure out what's causing it. This might take some time.  Thanks for your patience!

--
Site Owner

Strumelia
Strumelia
@strumelia
5 years ago
2,252 posts

Ok, thanks Ken, I'll get on this as soon as I can.

--
Site Owner

Ken Hulme
Ken Hulme
@ken-hulme
5 years ago
2,123 posts

HI Lisa;

FWIW, the Group discussions seem to be "dis-ordered" again... in new and interesting ways.

Strumelia
Strumelia
@strumelia
5 years ago
2,252 posts

You're welcome you're welcome.  catdance

--
Site Owner

Ken Hulme
Ken Hulme
@ken-hulme
5 years ago
2,123 posts

Great!  Yes -- back to "normal" according to my Senior memory.  Thank you thank you!

Strumelia
Strumelia
@strumelia
5 years ago
2,252 posts

Ken, I think this is now fixed up.  Please go take a look and also let me know if you see any lingering or additional problems related to this.

Thanks for bringing it to my attention.  yes

--
Site Owner

Strumelia
Strumelia
@strumelia
5 years ago
2,252 posts

I'm looking into this Ken.  It looks like if you make a new post in a group discussion, it does rise to the top as it should.  (there are sometimes a couple of 'pinned' discussions that always stay at top though). However, it also seems that after a recent site update, past group discussions got a bit scrambled in order, making it hard to find discussions that were somewhat recent, if they have not had a new post after the site update.

Not sure I'll be able to re-order them again, but am looking into it.

--
Site Owner

Ken Hulme
Ken Hulme
@ken-hulme
5 years ago
2,123 posts

The Wall comments I never did see out of chronological order.  But the Group discussions are completely disordered.  I understand that they 'should' have most recently responded to discussions at the top of the list. But in Beginners and Making Dulcimers and Noter & Drone (that I follow a couple times a day) I can't find the discussions that were "current" at the top of the lists.  In each of those Groups,  there were discussions that were being currently responded to which are now somewhere in what seems to be a randomly ordered stack of discussions.

Hope that helps.  

Strumelia
Strumelia
@strumelia
5 years ago
2,252 posts

Ken, I'm currently looking in to this issue.

In the Beginner Group, I'm seeing that the Comment Wall 'comments' are in the correct order- with the most recent comments on top.  Are you not seeing it this way?

However, I am seeing a problem with the group's discussions being shown out of order.  It 'should' be so that the discussions with the newest replies show on the top, and discussion threads that have not had recent activity get listed later on in the order of the group threads. Is that what you are referring to as the problem?

Tell me whether you still see an 'ordered by' problem with the Comment Wall comments in groups.
I'm thinking there's only a problem with the order of group discussions, and NOT aproblem with the rder of group Comment Wall comments.  Tell me if that's what you see too, so I don't wind up chasing any non-existent issues. Thanks

--
Site Owner

Ken Hulme
Ken Hulme
@ken-hulme
5 years ago
2,123 posts

Hi Lisa:

Just got here for my morning scan of things, and noticed that the Wall contents of the three Groups I follow most commonly have been completely and randomly re-ordered -- and current threads have been misplaced somewhere in the many pages of threads. 

Specifically the Groups are Beginner Players, Dulcimer Making, and Old Style Noter & Drone.  

updated by @ken-hulme: 10/14/19 02:30:25PM