Strumelia
Strumelia
@strumelia
2 years ago
2,252 posts

Thanks Robin!

--
Site Owner

Those irritated by grain of sand best avoid beach.
-Strumelia proverb c.1990
Sheryl St. Clare
Sheryl St. Clare
@sheryl-st-clare
8 years ago
259 posts

got it. Thanks all.

Dusty Turtle
Dusty Turtle
@dusty
8 years ago
1,727 posts

Sheryl, the place to start is the page of the song you want to add to a playlist.  There you will see two eighth notes.  If you hover your cursor over them, it will say "Add to Playlist." 

When you click that, you will see the Playlists you already have or it will ask you to create one.

--
Dusty T., Northern California
Site Moderator

As a musician, you have to keep one foot back in the past and one foot forward into the future.
-- Dizzy Gillespie

updated by @dusty: 03/23/16 07:20:47PM
Sheryl St. Clare
Sheryl St. Clare
@sheryl-st-clare
8 years ago
259 posts

Hi Jan, I don't see a quarter note anywhere on the Audio page. I have a play button, which turns to pause after I click play. Here is a screenshot. Thanks

NOTE:  I re-worded my instructions after I saw where your confusion was.  Maybe we could get Strumelia to rename this page the "Audio Preview" page.

Thanks for asking your questions!  It really helps pin down exactly where procedures are not clear.

So don't be shy!

Jan Potts
Jan Potts
@jan-potts
8 years ago
399 posts

Sheryl, I think the confusion is that for making a playlist you DON'T start at your profile page.  You start, instead with the page showing the audio clips people post (using the "Music: tab up top).  You can "preview" them on this page, but they can't be added to a new or existing playlist from this page.  It's just a list of what's been added lately with the play button handy for each one so you can pre-view the song.

If you've previewed the song and want to put it on a playlist, the next step it to click on its TITLE, which will open up a new window with the song, information about the person who posted it, and comments that have been made about it.

Next to your chosen song there is a button there to the right (with eighth notes  on it ) to click to add that particular song to a playlist.  You will need to name the playlist so you can find it on your profile page later.

I made one playlist for my tunes so that they play one after the other (I have the choice  on my profile page to have them play in order or in random order).

I will be making more playlists, named for a particular person whose music I really like, one for great versions of jam tunes, one for easy listening, and one playlist will probably be for tunes I particularly want to learn.  Once these are in my playlists, I don't have to search for them on the main list of music clips. 

I hope this helps.

Strum on!

--
Jan Potts, Lexington, KY
Site Moderator

"Use what talents you possess; the woods would be very silent if no birds sang there except those that sang best." Henry Van Dyke

updated by @jan-potts: 03/24/16 05:13:49AM
Sheryl St. Clare
Sheryl St. Clare
@sheryl-st-clare
8 years ago
259 posts

But how do you create a playlist? On my 'Playlist' tab, under my name on my profile page, I have only one option which is 'set item order'. Shouldn't there be a 'plus' button or something to create a playlist? 

Annie Deeley
Annie Deeley
@annie-deeley
8 years ago
49 posts

I did that, got a playlist, but when I click on it I get taken to the player's profile page and, yes, my list is there but only one tune will play at a time...Noah and Robin, any idea how to fix? Tnx.

Noah Aikens
Noah Aikens
@noah-aikens
8 years ago
33 posts

if you make a playlist they will

marg
@marg
8 years ago
616 posts

Is there a way to play many with out clicking on each one. Have them play one after the other?

Robin Thompson
Robin Thompson
@robin-thompson
12 years ago
1,425 posts

Below are instructions on creating a music listening PLAYLIST from your favorite audio clips on Fotmd...

updated by @robin-thompson: 06/11/15 07:30:30AM