Change/upload your avatar member profile picture

Strumelia
Strumelia
@strumelia
8 years ago
2,248 posts

It's a little confusing that we have both a Profile page picture and an avatar picture...and they can either be the same or different.  On the other hand, it adds variety.   :)

--
Site Owner

Those irritated by grain of sand best avoid beach.
-Strumelia proverb c.1990

updated by @strumelia: 05/27/18 10:04:47PM
Dan
Dan
@dan
8 years ago
180 posts

Ah, Got It!! Lisa you are da bomb!!!

Strumelia
Strumelia
@strumelia
8 years ago
2,248 posts

Dan, could be you changed the image on your Profile page, but not your actual user avatar.

Go to your profile page Settings and check the avatar image that shows when you go to your "Account" TAB in your settings.  Then once that's changed too, SAVE your settings and also clear your browser cache to see the new results.

Every member has both an Account picture and a Profile picture.  Oe shows up only on your profile page, and the other shows up next to every post you make. When in your Settings, be sure to go to both TABS and upload your chosen avatar picture: your Account TAB, and your Profile TAB.  Also remember to SAVE your changes at the bottom of each page before leaving the page, after uploading your new picture.

--
Site Owner

updated by @strumelia: 09/12/19 11:15:23AM
Dan
Dan
@dan
8 years ago
180 posts

I changed my profile image. It is current on some pages but has the "old" image on others? What am I missing guys?

Strumelia
Strumelia
@strumelia
9 years ago
2,248 posts

Joe thank you so much for your encouraging post.   Yes your avatar image is fun and original!   It's amazing how delightful some people's images are- and so much wonderful variety!   byebye    Big hug to you...

--
Site Owner

Joseph Besse
Joseph Besse
@joseph-besse
9 years ago
51 posts

Hi Strumelia, you have created a great new site. I love it. Glad you got rid of the "typewriter" photos for new members. Wish everyone would post something original, rather than the standard stock dulcimer photo you are using for most members. I sent my photo to some online guy and got him to draw a caracature of me holding my dulcimer and it came out fairly well. My kids say it is ugly, but at least it is original, LOL!!!!  Thanks again for a great site.

joebesse@aol.com

Strumelia
Strumelia
@strumelia
9 years ago
2,248 posts

No problem George!  Be sure to look over all the tabs and settings in your "Account Settings"-  you get lots of choices on how you want your account to work here!   hi

Update:  Hey George- beatuful new avatar you added there!   sun

--
Site Owner

updated by @strumelia: 06/30/15 04:38:56PM
Estes George
Estes George
@george-desjardins
9 years ago
92 posts

Thank you very much, sincerely, computer challenged, appreciate your time.

Strumelia
Strumelia
@strumelia
9 years ago
2,248 posts

Hi George, 

Dusty said:

George, once you are logged in, hold your cursor over your name in the toolbar (but don't click), and you will see a drop-down menu.  Click on "Account Settings."  Once there, you will see the generic picture with an option underneath it to "upload new image."  Choose that and then you can upload a picture from your computer.  When you are done, don't forget to "Save Changes" on the bottom of the screen.

Let us know if you still can't do it.  hi

--
Site Owner

updated by @strumelia: 05/27/18 10:03:41PM
Estes George
Estes George
@george-desjardins
9 years ago
92 posts

I was able to add my personal photo to profile, but when I post anything in forums, it just comes up with the stock dulcimer photo, how do I change that to a personal photo, Thanks from a very computer challenged individual!

updated by @george-desjardins: 02/17/16 11:25:07AM