4 posts

Thank you, Dusty! Ah, well.

Dusty Turtle
Dusty Turtle
@dusty
4 years ago
1,727 posts

Mary Barnsdale:

@dusty-turtle, it sounds like maybe you have the Randy Wilkinson tab? Is "Blow the Candles Out" as played here by @Dulcibard the Wilkinson arrangement?

Mary, I do indeed have one of Randy Wilkinson's books, but "Blow the Candles Out" is not in it. Lo siento.

--
Dusty T., Northern California
Site Moderator

As a musician, you have to keep one foot back in the past and one foot forward into the future.
-- Dizzy Gillespie
Mary Barnsdale
Mary Barnsdale
@mary-barnsdale
4 years ago
4 posts

@dusty-turtle, it sounds like maybe you have the Randy Wilkinson tab? Is "Blow the Candles Out" as played here by @Dulcibard the Wilkinson arrangement? (Dulcibard mentions that he thinks it might be.)

What Dulcibard is playing here is the first sheet of tab I ever got, from a teacher some 45 years ago in Berkeley. It was written out by hand and photocopied, and didn't have an arranger's name on it.

It's a very different version of the tune than Barbara F. Gregory's, though.

updated by @mary-barnsdale: 01/01/20 04:51:33PM
Guy Babusek
Guy Babusek
@guy-babusek
8 years ago
96 posts

Dan Goad:

Here is the tab that i have in my files.

Another tab is available at ED.

That looks identical to Randy's tab arrangement clapper

updated by @guy-babusek: 12/20/16 10:16:03AM
Dan Goad
Dan Goad
@dan-goad
8 years ago
155 posts

Here is the tab that i have in my files.

Another tab is available at ED.

Dusty Turtle
Dusty Turtle
@dusty
8 years ago
1,727 posts

There are (or were) a couple of books of tab of Randy Wilkinson's arrangments.  They are really hard to find. I've been looking for a while.

There are a couple of older Forum threads on this topic:

http://fotmd.com/forums/forum/dulcimer-resourcestabs-books-websites-dvds/18835/looking-for-elizabethan-renaissance-arrangements

http://fotmd.com/forums/forum/general-mountain-dulcimer-or-music-discussions/8582/elizabethan-music-for-dulcimer-randy-wilkinson

--
Dusty T., Northern California
Site Moderator

As a musician, you have to keep one foot back in the past and one foot forward into the future.
-- Dizzy Gillespie