YeahSureOK
YeahSureOK
@yeahsureok
2 months ago
29 posts
Thanks, everybody, for the recommendations. I ended up going with Universal Tuner. It was my favorite out of the ones I tried out.
Don Grundy
Don Grundy
@don-grundy
2 months ago
135 posts
Have my feather dulcimer in my lap now.
Kusani
Kusani
@kusani
2 months ago
133 posts

You are welcome and Merry Christmas. 

Don Grundy
Don Grundy
@don-grundy
2 months ago
135 posts
Thank you!
Kusani
Kusani
@kusani
2 months ago
133 posts

Don, yes re the free version of PanoTuner

IRENE
IRENE
@irene
2 months ago
140 posts

My fav is "DA TUNER" for Android.   There's a free version, I use that one.  Chromatic.  When my husbands autoharp is a little off....I just adjust my dulcimer to be a little off and tune his auto harp another time....I can tune every instrument in this house with that tuner.  But when there are lots of outside noise....some other tuners like Snark and such work best.  aloha, irene

Don Grundy
Don Grundy
@don-grundy
2 months ago
135 posts
Did you get the free PanoTuner?
Kusani
Kusani
@kusani
2 months ago
133 posts

For what is worth, I just downloaded the PanoTuner and tested it against my Tune-It and they match each other dead on across the scale. Now there is little fear of forgetting my tuner as I always have the phone with me. dulcimer

terry ritchey
terry ritchey
@wiseraven2000
2 months ago
3 posts

i like my old snark guitar tuner

YeahSureOK
YeahSureOK
@yeahsureok
2 months ago
29 posts
What settings do you use on the tuners that have multiple options but not one specific to the mountain dulcimer, such as Universal Tuner?
Don Grundy
Don Grundy
@don-grundy
2 months ago
135 posts
I use Cleartune on my IPhone.
Skip
Skip
@skip
2 months ago
246 posts

Be sure it is a chromatic tuner. Pano Tuner and gString are both good ones from the Playstore. I use Pano Tuner for MD and the free version of Piano Tuner for autoharp. 

ukgb
@ukgb
2 months ago
3 posts

Pano Tuner is a useful chromatic app  ...and good value for the price ;)

Monterey
Monterey
@david-messenger
2 months ago
21 posts
I use Pro Guitar Tuner from google play store. Search "guitar tuners"
YeahSureOK
YeahSureOK
@yeahsureok
2 months ago
29 posts

I used to have a dulcimer tuning app on my Droid smartphone. I upgraded my phone about a month and a half ago, and I couldn't find that app to redownload. Does anyone know if there is still a dulcimer tuning app available in google play store, galaxy play store, or amazon app store?

updated by @yeahsureok: 02/22/20 08:41:35PM