Galax dulcimer for sale

Aaron O'Rourke
@aaron-orourke
6 months ago
5 posts

Just chiming in to say that is one cool looking and sounding Galax dulcimer!

robert schuler
@robert-schuler
7 months ago
256 posts

here is another recording I made with this model... Robert

Tennessee Jed
@tennessee-jed
8 months ago
5 posts

Hello Robert,  I am looking to buy a dulcimer, but I am completely a beginner. I wonder if this would be a good dulcimer to learn on with the staple frets and all ?

robert schuler
@robert-schuler
8 months ago
256 posts
Tennessee Jed:

Hello,   is this one still for sale ?   It looks and sounds wonderful !

Yes it's still for sale, thanks for your comments.. Robert.
Tennessee Jed
@tennessee-jed
8 months ago
5 posts

Hello,   is this one still for sale ?   It looks and sounds wonderful !

Dusty Turtle
@dusty-turtle
9 months ago
936 posts

As long as you're playing the dulcimer, it's all good.  

But if you're playing the dulcimer so much that you can't learn to use the computer enough to buy a wonderful galax dulcimer, then perhaps an intervention is necessary.spaghetti

(I have no idea what a spaghetti-eating smiley means, but I had to use it once.)

--
Dusty T., Northern California
Site Moderator

Ain't no money in poetry; that's what sets the poet free.
I've had all the freedom I can stand.
-- Guy Clark
Estes George
@george-desjardins
9 months ago
113 posts

Dusty, it gives me a problem because I play the Dulcimer, computers still intimidate and cause me undo stress, which makes me play dulcimer even more, which gives me even less time to learn computer!!HUG

Dusty Turtle
@dusty-turtle
9 months ago
936 posts

Guys, I see no reason why the following/personal message process would work for others and not you.

Once you are following each other, go to your "Private Messages" by hovering your cursor over your username and clicking on "Private Messages" in the drop down menu.

Home   fotmd.com 3.png

Then click "New Message."

Your Private Messages   fotmd.com.png

Then start to type the recipient's name in the recipient line and look for your intended recipient in the auto-fill list that will pop up.  Click on it when it appears. Then choose a subject for your message, type your message, and click "Send."

New Message   fotmd.com 2.png

--
Site Moderator

-- Guy Clark

updated by @dusty-turtle: 03/06/17 10:51:17PM
robert schuler
@robert-schuler
9 months ago
256 posts
George, somehow we are following each other but the private e mail does not seem to work... Thanks for you comments... Robert.
Estes George
@george-desjardins
9 months ago
113 posts

How does one go from following, to friend?

Ken Hulme
@ken-hulme
9 months ago
1,555 posts

To send messages to each other, you first have to "Friend" each other.

Estes George
@george-desjardins
9 months ago
113 posts

Beautiful work, not sure how to send private messsages

Estes George
@george-desjardins
9 months ago
113 posts

Wow!! I like it, no, love it!!Hmmmmm,,

Laurel K Scott
@laurel-k-scott
9 months ago
14 posts

Robert, I'd be interested in hearing more about this lovely dulcimer if it's still available. I am in the market for a newer instrument to take to classes, and I had my heart set on a Galax style, as long as it's not too big. I will try to PM you, but I'm not sure if you need to be following me?

Thanks,

Laurel

Dusty Turtle
@dusty-turtle
9 months ago
936 posts

I agree with everyone else, Robert. This dulcimer both sounds and looks absolutely beautiful. Impressive work.

--
Site Moderator

-- Guy Clark
Sheryl St. Clare
@sheryl-st-clare
9 months ago
338 posts

Truly a thing of beauty, Robert. Sounds beautiful too.

marg
@marg
9 months ago
560 posts

Robert,

Your dulcimer is so beautiful, you are an artist with your design.

Steven Berger
@steven-berger
9 months ago
88 posts

That's a nice dulcimer, Robert! Sounds great!

Steven

robert schuler
@robert-schuler
9 months ago
256 posts

I designed and built this model from inspiration I got from the many Galax dulcimer designs I've seen. The top is made of solid cypress inlaid with wood herringbone purfling. Single back of highly figured walnut all bound in cherry rope binding. Walnut fingerboard, 28" vsl tempered scale with 6.5 fret,  D style tailpiece, uses ball end strings, presently set up with 4- .010 strings. This instrument uses conventional frets cut short  to resemble staple frets. Rosewood bridge intonated for unison tuning that is typical of the galax style. Peghead is cherry with boxwood viola tuning pegs. I choose viola pegs because the thicker shafts hold better and are easier to retune. Finished in light brown shellac and satin lacquer. Possum board in photo not included but can be purchased for extra $25.00. Shipped USPS. price is $395.00 plus shipping. 7 day returns... thank you ... Robertcypress galax peg head.jpgcypress galax back.jpg

" id="560"]cypress galax top.jpg