Wanted: Randy Wilkinson tab book for Elizabethan Music

Peter Tommerup
Peter Tommerup
@peter-tommerup
2 days ago
4 posts

Hi Strumelia,

I believe Cynthia Smith in Orange County area of Los Angeles may be a good contact source for Randy Wilkinson. His arrangements of Elizabethan tunes are still wonderful to play! And his playing was really exceptional. I caught some of his performances at the Summer Solstice Dulcimer Fest in LA in early to mid 1980's. Not aware of what he's now up to. 

Best, Peter

Strumelia
Strumelia
@strumelia
2 weeks ago
1,542 posts

Does anyone know if Randy W is still around?  Even if his book is now out of print, perhaps if he knew folks were looking for them, he'd be willing to zerox a handful of copies for people, for a reasonable price of course.

--
Site Owner

Those irritated by grain of sand best avoid beach.
-Strumelia proverb c.1990
Anne Bowman
Anne Bowman
@anne-bowman
2 weeks ago
61 posts

Hey  @Maddie-Myers!, Like Dusty, I've been after that book for ages too!. I did Renaissance and Baroque dance for 20 years, and love Early Music. I've been trawling around searching for it..I wish I'd thought to ask here ..and there's been a copy here in Oz all the timeworried..

Lucky you Dusty ...

Anne Bowman
Anne Bowman
@anne-bowman
2 weeks ago
61 posts

Maddie Myers:

Hi, Dusty - I just checked into the FOMD site for the first time in a long time and came across your request for the Randy Wilkinson Elizabethan Music for Dulcimer book. I have a book by Wilkinson entitled "Randy Wilkinson Elizabethan Dulcimer." published in 1982 by Kicking Mule.  It says it goes with the album KM226. I would be happy to give it to you.  However, I live in Australia and would have to post it from there, so I will need your postal address, and perhaps you real name, unless you regularly get mail addressed to Dusty Turtle and your mailman doesn't get hostile about it.

Cheers, Maddie Myers in Western Australia

Dusty Turtle
Dusty Turtle
@dusty-turtle
3 weeks ago
1,031 posts

Oh my! I could just kiss you, @Maddie-Myerskiss I've been looking for that book for years and I don't know why it never occurred to me to post a note here.  I'll send you a personal message right away. You're the best!

--
Dusty T., Northern California
Site Moderator

As a musician, you have to keep one foot back in the past and one foot forward into the future.
-- Dizzy Gillespie
Maddie Myers
Maddie Myers
@maddie-myers
3 weeks ago
1 posts

Hi, Dusty - I just checked into the FOMD site for the first time in a long time and came across your request for the Randy Wilkinson Elizabethan Music for Dulcimer book. I have a book by Wilkinson entitled "Randy Wilkinson Elizabethan Dulcimer." published in 1982 by Kicking Mule.  It says it goes with the album KM226. I would be happy to give it to you.  However, I live in Australia and would have to post it from there, so I will need your postal address, and perhaps you real name, unless you regularly get mail addressed to Dusty Turtle and your mailman doesn't get hostile about it.

Cheers, Maddie Myers in Western Australia

Dusty Turtle
Dusty Turtle
@dusty-turtle
3 weeks ago
1,031 posts

For several years I've been searching for the book of dulcimer tablature that accompanies Randy Wilkinson's album on Kicking Mule records called Elizabethan Music for Dulcimer.  The book came out in 1982, I believe.

Does anyone have a copy kicking around that they'd be willing to part with?

Muchas gracias!

--
Dusty T., Northern California
Site Moderator

As a musician, you have to keep one foot back in the past and one foot forward into the future.
-- Dizzy Gillespie