For sale: Ron Gibson baritone MD... PRICE REDUCED: $400!

Terry Wilson
Terry Wilson
@terry-wilson
2 days ago
267 posts
Thank you, Lisa.
Terry Wilson
Terry Wilson
@terry-wilson
2 days ago
267 posts
Lisa, actually, Richard referred a friend in his dulcimer club.
Strumelia
Strumelia
@strumelia
2 days ago
1,562 posts

I think Richard is the perfect new owner for this baritone.  Win/win situation!  thumbsup

I'll delete this thread later today Terry, and thank you for your FOTMD donation.  :)

--
Site Owner

Those irritated by grain of sand best avoid beach.
-Strumelia proverb c.1990
Terry Wilson
Terry Wilson
@terry-wilson
2 days ago
267 posts
SOLD!!! Thanks be to FOTMD and my good friend Richard Steib, one of our members.

Terry
Dusty Turtle
Dusty Turtle
@dusty-turtle
6 days ago
1,049 posts

Terry, I hope your recovery goes quickly and painlessly.

I had a Ron Gibson baritone that I was obliged to sell.  I've often regretted it.  Unfortunately, I am in no position to buy another dulcimer right now.  Too many medical and household expenses recently.  That's a good price for a fine instrument.

--
Dusty T., Northern California
Site Moderator

As a musician, you have to keep one foot back in the past and one foot forward into the future.
-- Dizzy Gillespie
jp
@jp
6 days ago
36 posts

Prayers offered for a complete and speedy recovery.

God can!

Terry Wilson
Terry Wilson
@terry-wilson
6 days ago
267 posts
Cindy, now you know there has to be a reason to own another baritone. (Ha ha)

Finger surgery, joint implant, has proven to be more than I bargained for. Lots of painful therapy.
But I'm okay, thank you.
Cindy Stammich
Cindy Stammich
@cindy-stammich
6 days ago
52 posts

Oh how I wish I could come up with a reason that I need another baritone!    It's a beautiful instrument!  Good luck and I hope your hand is on the mend!

Terry Wilson
Terry Wilson
@terry-wilson
6 days ago
267 posts

Price reduced: $400.00 Ron Gibson baritone Heavy duty black hard case. Pezzo internal pickup.

Terry Wilson
Terry Wilson
@terry-wilson
one week ago
267 posts
Thank you Lisa and Robin for your kind concern. This is a booger.
This Ron Gibson is amazing. He builds quality.
Robin Thompson
Robin Thompson
@robin-thompson
one week ago
848 posts

I'm praying for continued healing for your hand, Terry.  

I've read good things about Ron Gibson's instruments.  

--
Robin T
one of the Moderators here :)
Keep a song in your heart!
Strumelia
Strumelia
@strumelia
one week ago
1,562 posts

That's a lovely dulcimer Terry. 

I hope your hand is experiencing a speedy recovery from surgery!

--
Site Owner

Terry Wilson
Terry Wilson
@terry-wilson
2 weeks ago
267 posts

update/:  removed the lighter strings.  installed Ron Gibson baritone strings.  i hope ya'll enjoyed the video my son did.  He did good, i thought, not to be a dulcimer player.  Why not me?  Hand surgery 02/01.  

Strumelia
Strumelia
@strumelia
2 weeks ago
1,562 posts

Terry asked me if I could add a link to the video his son made of this dulcimer to demo it:

--
Site Owner

Kusani
Kusani
@kusani
3 weeks ago
115 posts

Terry, nice instrument and price. 

Terry Wilson
Terry Wilson
@terry-wilson
3 weeks ago
267 posts

I have decided to sell my Ron Gibson baritone mountain dulcimer.  I took delivery March 20th, 2018.  There is nothing wrong with this MD, it plays and look perfectly.  The sounds are beautiful.  Due to finger implant surgery, I will not be able to strum strings for a min of six months.  So I have decided to sell this dulcimer to finance the purchase of a couple of really nice chromatic harmonicas, which I will be able to play, with my left hand.

This dulcimer is a baritone, and is pretty loud and pure.  When I purchased it, I realized right away that baritone strings were too heavy for my arthritic fingers.  So I re-strung it with normal strings, 10-14-24.   This is a 3 string mountain dulcimer.   It sounds beautiful with the lighter strings.  The buyer would receive a complete set of baritone strings, if you decide to switch back.   I will also include another set of lighter strings, in case you switch back from baritone to the lighter strings.

The woods are Walnut and Cherry.  26" VSL   Cherry top with book matched walnut back and sides.  Also has a Pezzo pickup.  Has Grover STA-tip tuners.  It stays in tune perfectly.

This also includes a black padded hard case, also purchased from Ron.  I paid Ron $577.00 for the dulcimer and case.  And its worth every dollar I paid.

I am asking $475.00, which includes shipping.  Shipping will probably run me around $50.00.

If you are interested in this beauty, I will be glad to email you all the photos you want.   

Sincerely,Terry Wilson 

20190125_125304.jpg

20190125_125329.jpg

20190125_125348.jpg

20190125_125411.jpg

updated by @terry-wilson: 02/04/19 09:32:32AM