11.JPG
11.JPG  •  746KB

10.JPG
10.JPG  •  826KB

09.JPG
09.JPG  •  696KB

--
Site Owner

Those irritated by grain of sand best avoid beach.
-Strumelia proverb c.1990
Strumelia
Strumelia
@strumelia
3 months ago
1,606 posts

More pix:

08.JPG
08.JPG  •  783KB

07.JPG
07.JPG  •  1MB

06.JPG
06.JPG  •  884KB

05.JPG
05.JPG  •  868KB

--
Site Owner

Strumelia
Strumelia
@strumelia
3 months ago
1,606 posts

Hey friends, I am cleaning out all my older spare instruments and am selling this dulcitar. It's not a fancy instrument and could use a little fixing, but can be currently played just fine. It'd be even better once repaired.

CHEAP! Come and pick it up in person! 
I am NOT shipping this because of it's low price

This Dulcitar strumstick has pegs and slots for 5 strings. It's like a mountain dulcimer with mostly diatonic frets, but with a neck like a guitar so you can play it standing up or walkabout. It has a very beautiful custom mermaid soundhole that I designed and had made for it. 
You can set this up with double melody strings and two or three drone strings, OR just as a three string dulcimer, whatever. It was made for me in 1997 from various woods, see label with my name in it. Made by a husband and wife team called Bardsong, which no longer exists. I paid about $300 for it new.

It is a comfortable 26" VSL scale length from nut to bridge. Has a 1.5 and a 6.5 fret. Comes with a very raggedy old cheap gigbag. It has a much larger resonant body than most current 'strumsticks' for sale- has a good voice when tuned up. These strings are 20 years old, so it deserves some new strings to sound its best.
The only functional problem it has is that the center back seam has opened up a little over time- see photo, which can be repaired or filled by any competent builder, luthier, or woodworker. This is a common issue on older instruments and is easily fixed. The very tip of the (decorative) headstock had broken off in original transit when it was new, and was glued back on. SEE PHOTOS for all details!

Despite the crack in the back this is quite playable as is and sounds nice and resonant. Fix the minor seam crack and it'll be a great cheap mountain dulcimer stick strummer instrument for taking around without worrying.

This dulcitar is $95 CASH, pickup in person in the Ghent, New York area zip 12075. I will not ship this.

04.JPG
04.JPG  •  813KB

03.JPG
03.JPG  •  752KB

02.JPG
02.JPG  •  912KB

01.JPG
01.JPG  •  789KB

--
Site Owner

updated by @strumelia: 04/09/19 09:12:23AM