Edsel Martin Dulcimer for Sale

TimMcElhannon
TimMcElhannon
@timmcelhannon
one month ago
2 posts

TimMcElhannon:

Edsel Martin mountain dulcimer purchased for me by my wife in late 1996 at a craft store in Old Fort, NC, near Edsel's home. I have only played it a few times over the years but it is an excellent instrument and a really beautiful piece of folk art.

It can be strung with 4 equidistant strings, or 4 string with double-melody string, or 3 string. It has a beautiful carved headstock with a mountain woman's head, the sound holes are hearts and a cross is carved into the strum hollow. Edsel's signature is carved into the back of the peg head with the date June 96. Like new condition - includes a soft shell case. $600 plus $45 for shipping in CONUS. 

Robin Thompson
Robin Thompson
@robin-thompson
one month ago
916 posts

Wow, that carved headstock is extra-special! 

--
Robin T
one of the Moderators here :)
Keep a song in your heart!
TimMcElhannon
TimMcElhannon
@timmcelhannon
one month ago
2 posts

Edsel Martin mountain dulcimer purchased for me by my wife in late 1996 at a craft store in Old Fort, NC, near Edsel's home. It have only played it a few times over the years but it is an excellent instrument and a really beautiful piece of folk art.

It can be strung with 4 equidistant strings, or 4 string with double-melody string, or 3 string. It has a beautiful carved headstock with a mountain woman's head, the sound holes are hearts and a cross is carved into the strum hollow. Edsel's signature is carved into the back of the peg head with the date June 96. Like new condition - includes a soft shell case. $600 plus $45 for shipping in CONUS. 

IMG_8581.jpg
IMG_8581.jpg  •  807KB

IMG_8580.jpg
IMG_8580.jpg  •  917KB

IMG_8574.jpg
IMG_8574.jpg  •  1.9MB

IMG_8583.jpg
IMG_8583.jpg  •  819KB

IMG_8575.jpg
IMG_8575.jpg  •  1.9MB