Dulcimer by John Hedrick $550

Sharon Porter
Sharon Porter
@sharon-porter
one week ago
9 posts
Sharon Porter:

Thinning the herd and I have another one of John Hedrick's work! This dulcimer has an elliptical shape of 35 inches long,  beautiful wood inlay on the fretboard, and amber tuner buttons on a flat headstock. The string length is 25" from nut to bridge. The capo is wooden and built onto the fretboard---no more searching for the capo! It also has a pickup with a volume adjustment wheel in the right soundhole. It was built by John Hedrick in Spokane, WA in 2016. It has a #105 serial number. It is in excellent condition, sounds great. I added some little bird stickers to mark 3, 5, and 9 frets (easily removeable!)

$550.  Free shipping to lower 48 states.

Ken Hulme
Ken Hulme
@ken-hulme
one week ago
1,591 posts

Gwarsh!  {blushing, rubs toe in sand}  Thanks!

Sharon Porter
Sharon Porter
@sharon-porter
2 weeks ago
9 posts

[quote="Dusty Turtle"]

Sharon, I look forward to seeing the pictures.  In the meantime, do you have an asking price?

[/quote]

[quote="Dusty Turtle"]

I am asking $550.00. Thanks for asking! Free shipping to the lower 48 states. 

Sharon Porter
Sharon Porter
@sharon-porter
2 weeks ago
9 posts

Ken Hulme:

Sharon... looking forward to the pictures. 

I'm just wondering why you call this a "dulcimette" -- it's 35" long with a 25" VSL.  That's a pretty standard sized dulcimer.  Dulcimette is  term we usually use for a very short VSL and short body dulcimer -- say 18" or 20" VSL and less than 24" overall.

I guess that is what I thought John Hedrick said it was. I changed it on the description. You have a fab reputation so I defer to your knowledge. 

Ken Hulme
Ken Hulme
@ken-hulme
2 weeks ago
1,591 posts

Sharon... looking forward to the pictures. 

I'm just wondering why you call this a "dulcimette" -- it's 35" long with a 25" VSL.  That's a pretty standard sized dulcimer.  Dulcimette is  term we usually use for a very short VSL and short body dulcimer -- say 18" or 20" VSL and less than 24" overall.

Dusty Turtle
Dusty Turtle
@dusty-turtle
2 weeks ago
1,128 posts

Sharon, I look forward to seeing the pictures.  In the meantime, do you have an asking price?

--
Dusty T., Northern California
Site Moderator

As a musician, you have to keep one foot back in the past and one foot forward into the future.
-- Dizzy Gillespie
Sharon Porter
Sharon Porter
@sharon-porter
2 weeks ago
9 posts

Thinning the herd and I have another one of John Hedrick's work! This dulcimer has an hourglass shape of 35 inches long,  beautiful wood inlay on the fretboard, and amber tuner buttons on a flat headstock. The string length is 25" from nut to bridge. The capo is wooden and built onto the fretboard---no more searching for the capo! It also has a pickup with a volume adjustment wheel in the right soundhole. It was built by John Hedrick in Spokane, WA in 2016. It has a #105 serial number. It is in excellent condition, sounds great. I added some little bird stickers to mark 3, 5, and 9 frets (easily removeable!)

$550.  Free shipping to lower 48 states.

Hedrick-Back.jpg
Hedrick-Back.jpg  •  832KB

Hedrick-front.jpg
Hedrick-front.jpg  •  805KB

Hedrick soundhole.jpg
Hedrick soundhole.jpg  •  376KB

Hedrick.jpg
Hedrick.jpg  •  641KB

updated by @sharon-porter: 09/05/19 12:10:48AM