3 months ago
55 posts

Hi Dusty - Replied

Dusty Turtle
Dusty Turtle
@dusty-turtle
3 months ago
1,164 posts

Hi Gale. I am interested.  Not only to I have a "thing" for little dulcimers, but I think this would be a good way to experiment with a chromatic fretboard. I'll send you a personal message right now.

--
Dusty T., Northern California
Site Moderator

As a musician, you have to keep one foot back in the past and one foot forward into the future.
-- Dizzy Gillespie
Gale A Barr
Gale A Barr
@gale-a-barr
3 months ago
55 posts

For Sale – 2014 Oriole by Feather Dulcimer – #2014-44. This little travel dulcimer is about 23 inches long (closer to 22.5) with a VSL of 21”). The fret set up is chromatic with fret markers. Body wood is poplar with black walnut fretboard and end blocks. The strings are tuned using zither pins, which can take a little patience, but I not an expert using them. Tuning sounds best in CGC or DAD. You can hold this instrument with one hand as it is very light in weight. Non-smoking home. I cannot see any scrapes or major gouges. There are a couple little marks on one side of the top near the strum hollow that may have been there from manufacture but does not change the sound or playability from what I can tell. I will include the zither pin tuner. My music room is getting a bit full and not playing this lately. Please feel free to reach out to me with questions. Any specific questions about the manufacture of this dulcimer can be directed to Pete at http://featherdulcimer.com/ . I ordered this dulcimer directly from him and he is a great guy to work with. Zither pin tuner included. $75 plus shipping. 

Feather 4.jpg
Feather 4.jpg  •  109KB

Feather 3.jpg
Feather 3.jpg  •  173KB

Feather 1.jpg
Feather 1.jpg  •  172KB

Feather 5.jpg
Feather 5.jpg  •  46KB

Feather 2.jpg
Feather 2.jpg  •  173KB

updated by @gale-a-barr: 09/21/19 02:03:18PM